• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mother's Birthday

Meltz014

Jun 5, 2010
So we're getting my Mom a Droid 2 for her birthday, and along with some accessories (dock, screen protectors, etc.), I thought i would make her a "Certificate for 1 Free Android Lesson + Lifetime Technical Support!" I'm putting together a powerpoint over just the basics of android (you know, how it's awesome, better than iOS, etc). Are there any specifics i should put in about the Droid 2? For instance, some good battery-life tricks, nice apps she might enjoy, things to look out for, etc? I have an EVO, so I'm not as well-versed w/ the Motorola hardware, and your help would be greatly appreciated :D Thanks!

Is she a Social Networker? You could tell her about all the integration features the come with motoblur.

You could show her some of these for increased battery life: http://androidforums.com/droid-2-tips-tricks/157154-increased-battery-life.html

Is she new to android in general? Things like long pressing and multi-touch could be good to tell her about.

What kind of user do you think she will be?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones