Mother's Birthday

Last Updated:

1. Meltz014

Meltz014 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So we're getting my Mom a Droid 2 for her birthday, and along with some accessories (dock, screen protectors, etc.), I thought i would make her a "Certificate for 1 Free Android Lesson + Lifetime Technical Support!" I'm putting together a powerpoint over just the basics of android (you know, how it's awesome, better than iOS, etc). Are there any specifics i should put in about the Droid 2? For instance, some good battery-life tricks, nice apps she might enjoy, things to look out for, etc? I have an EVO, so I'm not as well-versed w/ the Motorola hardware, and your help would be greatly appreciated :D Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Is she a Social Networker? You could tell her about all the integration features the come with motoblur.

You could show her some of these for increased battery life: http://androidforums.com/droid-2-tips-tricks/157154-increased-battery-life.html

Is she new to android in general? Things like long pressing and multi-touch could be good to tell her about.

What kind of user do you think she will be?

3. Meltz014

Meltz014 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah yes, the long press and multi touch would be good to mention (that hadn't crossed my mind). She does have facebook, and I'm sure would enjoy the integration features (friend's birthdays, etc). Should I recommend having auto-sync off in the interest of battery performance?

4. CT53

CT53 Well-Known Member

I just wrote a paper for College over Why Android is Better than iPhone. If you would like that I would be more than happy to share it with you.

5. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to read that :)