Motionless/still/non-moving background???Support

Last Updated:

1. edge27

edge27 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    I HATE how android wallpapers work. I just want a portrait scale, still wallpaper running as my background(like how the iPad/jailbroke iPod's work)
    Anyone know of an app/setting that does this?
    Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
  2. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Well, the wallpaper is one big long image spread across 7 home page frames (the wallpaper isn't 7 frames long though - it shifts about half of the frame's width for each home page). That means what you're looking for is a single frame, the width of a home page frame, that moves with the home page frame. I don't personally know of anything that will accomplish this, and it sounds tricky to pull off.

3. edge27

Well what im talking about just like an ipad(don't mean to curse in the android forum)...they have several screens but only one stationary background that does not move at all. Its tough to get a girl's entire figure in a square box rather than portrait scale! ;)

4. edge27

Nothing guys? This is the only thing barring my Inc from perfection!

5. ShortBusHEMI

ShortBusHEMI Well-Known Member

i believe if you get a wallpaper with a 480x800 resolution it will work fine... however the correct resolution is 960x800 although your picture will look funny since it only displays a small part in each frame. so be careful when choosing a wall paper..if you go the 480x800 route the same pic should stay on every screen

6. edge27

Unfortunately when you select a photo in android you must crop it into the square shape regardless of the 400x800 resolution. An app would be needed to simply make the wallpaper stationary apparently which doesn't exist to my knowledge

7. edge27

update! I'm so happy, I finally found what i was looking for. Its a new app on the market that I found today. it's called Custom Wallpaper Maker and you can customize like I was explaining. It's $0.99