• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto 360 price?

Having spent under the $299 retail price for 2 Galaxy Gears, courtesy of some great Best Buy deals, I'm hoping the Moto 360 falls in the 199-249 range at most. Anything more and I'll be fine sticking with the Galaxy Gear until there's a special price drop. The form factor and look of the Moto 360 is still the best looking smartwatch I've seen though and the fact that it'll be compatible with any future phone I go with later down the line, increases the appeal of it. I just hope we hear more definitive information soon.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I haven't worn watches in years. That could change soon. I really hope that $250 sticks because I really want this watch.

I have a couple high-end watches that I haven't used in a long while, just because I was never big into wearing watches (and the tan lines that follow)...but after buying the Gear on sale and looking to swap out to the 360 later on, I'm finding more reason to wear one than prior years.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I have $249 set aside for the Moto 360, so hopefully when we see it at Google I/O, it'll be released shortly after. In addition to that, I was really happy to see Qi wireless charging as the chosen form of charging! There is a deal on the incipio Qi wireless charger right now, that I'm going to swoop up for $13, just to have an extra.

Motorola Moto 360 smartwatch wireless charger hits the FCC - Liliputing

Upvote 0
I have $249 set aside for the Moto 360, so hopefully when we see it at Google I/O, it'll be released shortly after. In addition to that, I was really happy to see Qi wireless charging as the chosen form of charging! There is a deal on the incipio Qi wireless charger right now, that I'm going to swoop up for $13, just to have an extra.

Motorola Moto 360 smartwatch wireless charger hits the FCC - Liliputing

Upvote 0
So the only Moto 360 news from Google I/O so far is "later this summer." I should have known not to get my hopes up.

You could hear all the moaning and growning in the crowd after the words "later this summer" came out of his mouth!....LOL.

I'm sure that will all be squashed when all the developers actually receive their Moto 360 that they'll be getting, in addition to either the G Watch or Gear Live, but for us consumers, that's a big Fail for Motorola, especially since the G Watch and Gear Live are going to be available today through the play store!

I was already planning on getting the G Watch for my mother as a belated mother's day gift, but now that the Gear Live is also going to be available, I will likely wait until those are both available for purchase at Best Buy, before purchasing.

Upvote 0
Did you see the Engadget piece on the 360?

Moto 360 smartwatch makes an appearance at Google I/O

Watching that and then watching the hands on video with the LG, there's no comparison. It's hard to imagine spending $225 on the LG when presumably the 360 is going to be $250. That actually makes me think there's no WAY the 360 only goes for $250. That device looks amazing.

I hate that there's a wait, but I think it will be worth the wait.

Upvote 0
Did you see the Engadget piece on the 360?

Moto 360 smartwatch makes an appearance at Google I/O

Watching that and then watching the hands on video with the LG, there's no comparison. It's hard to imagine spending $225 on the LG when presumably the 360 is going to be $250. That actually makes me think there's no WAY the 360 only goes for $250. That device looks amazing.

I hate that there's a wait, but I think it will be worth the wait.

From how the price points are set
Samsung $199
LG $229

I can definitely imagine the Moto 360 being $249. Out of all the Android Wear watches, at $249, the Moto 360 would be the best bang for the buck. Can't wait to see the formal announcement.

Upvote 0
I hope you're right! I have $250 on my desk right now waiting for the 360 launch.

You know what I'm really looking forward to? What the devs do with this. Like honestly, what it's offering out of the box isn't anything more than what your cell can already do. Just slightly more convenient because it's popping up on your wrist. Six months from now, what kind of apps will we see for Android Wear?

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones