• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto 360 price?

Thanks for sharing. I take the "inside source" posts with a grain of salt, but I hope that the logic behind Samsung and LG's Android Wear watch pricing adds up to $249 being proper.

That said, my other theory is that, while they offer the $249 price, with likely a choice of one leather or plastic band, the other bands and colors (in particular, the stainless steel version that everyone was so enamored by - myself included) will cost between $29-$49 each (or maybe more). So, for people that would want the stainless steel band, they'd technically end up paying $298 or more anyway.

Just a theory though.

Upvote 0
Two thoughts come to mind:

1. Pre-smartphone, my cell phones would last days on a charge easily. Granted, they were hardly used;)

2. My smartphone may last up to a week too...if I turn on airplane mode and never use it. Obviously battery life depends on the use, but if we're to believe what they're saying about BLE then I don't see why the watch couldn't last many days on a charge.

Upvote 0
Imminent meaning end of summer?

I seriously hate when OEM's make statements like that. Just seems like PR b.s. cover-up, so that people don't sway their attention to other products, while they keep on delaying a product that they might have been too quick to leak.

I'm quickly going from "excited" about the Moto 360, to just ho-hum and not as intrigued or interested anymore. The more they come out with ambiguous statements, the less interested I become about it.

Upvote 0
I seriously hate when OEM's make statements like that. Just seems like PR b.s. cover-up, so that people don't sway their attention to other products, while they keep on delaying a product that they might have been too quick to leak.

I'm quickly going from "excited" about the Moto 360, to just ho-hum and not as intrigued or interested anymore. The more they come out with ambiguous statements, the less interested I become about it.

I find it frustrating too, but I get why they have to do it. If they let the G Watch and Gear Live be launched without dangling their beautiful, shiny, round carrot in front of us they'd be losing sales.

I was pretty close to ordering a Gear Live but more stuff came out about the 360 suggesting the price wouldn't be too much higher than the Samsung/LG watches (remember when people were suggesting the 360 could cost $500?) and so I'm holding off.

I'm sure there a many other consumers in my position, we're buying a smart watch, we want android wear and we love the look of the 360. Moto has to try to keep our interest or they risk having us jump to another device because we're hopeless tech addicts.

Upvote 0
I find it frustrating too, but I get why they have to do it. If they let the G Watch and Gear Live be launched without dangling their beautiful, shiny, round carrot in front of us they'd be losing sales.

I was pretty close to ordering a Gear Live but more stuff came out about the 360 suggesting the price wouldn't be too much higher than the Samsung/LG watches (remember when people were suggesting the 360 could cost $500?) and so I'm holding off.

I'm sure there a many other consumers in my position, we're buying a smart watch, we want android wear and we love the look of the 360. Moto has to try to keep our interest or they risk having us jump to another device because we're hopeless tech addicts.

Yeah, but that doesn't work for all consumers. If it weren't for my Gear 1, which I use daily, I'd likely have swooped up a Gear Live already or maybe a G Watch.

I'm sure Motorola doesn't really care, considering their target demographic won't be people google searching for info on the 360 all the time. They're going for those general consumers that have been so hesitant to get a smartwatch (for one reason or another) and they're hoping to wow them with the 360, upon release.

Upvote 0
And just as I'm ranting about their taking forever and continuing their "teases," this comes out:

Moto 360 wireless charging cradle revealed in newly leaked photos

Okay, so that pulled me back into the "it'll be worth the wait" view...Damnit! That charger is freaking nice as hell. I'm wondering if the Qi charging is strong enough to charge a phone, if you placed a phone on the stand. Would be really cool.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0
Something I'm wondering that I guess we just don't know yet.... the features list from Best Buy shows that it has the Always Listening tech similar to the Moto X and Droid Ultra/Maxx/Mini. So if you have one of those phones, will the feature work with a certain amount of synergy? Like I'm envisioning saying, "Ok Google Now" and both devices being in conflict because they're both trying to execute your voice commands.

While I have a lot of faith in Moto, this has been a concern of mine. Although honestly, I guess you could just disable the feature on your phone if there is some sort of conflict.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones