• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto 360 price?

I'm wondering if Best Buy will have a pre-order, 2 weeks prior to the release, like LG did with the G-watch or if they will just wait until the official release.

In the disqus comments, on the droid life article, there was a Best Buy employee that mentioned the devices are shipping already with a lot of inventory, but no indication when they'd be receiving. I'd love if they did a pre-order, so I could just payand wait.

-EDIT-
For those wondering, two (2) weeks prior to the September 4 announcement (and hopefully, based on rumors, also the release date) is this coming Thursday (8/21). I'll be keeping my eye out on Best Buy's website for a pre-order, for sure.

Upvote 0
According to this article:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/08/18/moto-360-price-leaks-as-release-date-nears/

The suspicion is similar to what I had mentioned earlier in this thread.

$249 to start (plastic straps similar to the G Watch and Gear Live), then $25 extra for the Leather and then another $25 for the metal band.

Ultimately, it's just the bands that would need to be replaced...but, I thankfully have some nice bands sitting around that are 22mm, that'll swap out perfectly.

I can't wait until this thing drops. From the colors that were mentioned, looks like Grey or Silver are the choices. It's tough to decide, without seeing in person, so I might pre-order the one I think I'll like the best and possibly swap out when actually picking up in the store.

Upvote 0
Yeah I figured that the $250 was the starting price. Eventually, I'll gladly put in the extra $100 to get leather and metal. Is Best Buy only carrying the sliver/grey model?

What's funny is, I probably won't plop down the extra money to get the metal or leather bands because the bands can be replaced by any standard 22mm band (22mm where the band connects to the watch)...so, that means there are a bunch of watches I have that have awesome looking bands (but no longer work) that I can pop the bands off and put them on the 360!

Now that I know the price and expected release, I'm actually more intrigued about what Motorola will be announcing for their bluetooth device. I hope it's something unique (like a completely wireless bt headset, similar to what Qualcomm was supposed to offer).

Almost 2 weeks out! Very happy about the pricing and availability date.

Upvote 0
I see the Moto 360 is now $150-$180 depending on the color and band. I was going to hold out for the second generation of smartwatches before I took the plunge. The biggest reason was hoping for better battery performance. Having to charge it every night just seemed annoying. Anyways, $150 is a much better price so I'm contemplating an early Christmas present. Should I do it? What are the thoughts of some users?

For background, my phone is a Nexus 5.

Upvote 0
@exninja

since you are asking for opinions,

if you dont want to charge the watch every night then pass on this first generation and wait.

if you have time, smoke over the review thread stuck to the top of this subform and do a random sampling of reviews from users.

Many members (myself included) have had this watch since its birth and many are still around lurking. It is a nice piece of tech and if you want to be REALLLLLLY conservative with it, you can run it so minimal that you can go a bit longer than a work day without charging.

Me? I run this sucker on max everything and by 7 hours in, its down to 35% ish. I am pretty active in my daily ritual so my arms are moving, flailing, etc and the watch face pops on all the time. I have a spare charger i carry (super small footprint) so I could not care less that I have to charge it during the day. I love this sucker and everyone who is not tech savvy like me who see this on my arm, fall in love with it on first looks.

but in your case, and since you are weary of having to sit it on a wireless charger each night, you should pass and on this first gen or look at another brand.

much success on your search! :)

Upvote 0
I'd really like to see what companies offer in their 2nd gens. The battery life isn't really a deal-breaker, which is why i'm almost considering the purchase now, but it's something nice. I used to get 2-3 days out of my previous smartphones, but i can't get more than a day out of my Nexus 5. I plug it in every night and deal with it. I think it was Asus??? that said their goal on the next one is a week of battery life. Pebbles last a week, but that's apples-to-oranges.

As far as "I don't know what else a second gen. 360 could offer..." they tend to surprise me with features that are really cool when I thought that about the first gens. My wife brought up a point with an iPod touch that I got back when they had the first gen. I thought that was pretty cool and how could that get better, but then the next one had Bluetooth and speakers. Same with TV's. 2 years ago I thought that 4K is ridiculous but after seeing the side-by-side at Costco or Best Buy I wants it.

If nobody announces their next versions by the fall, or if they don't have any "useful" additional features, then I'll spring for this. Unless, of course, someone else drops their price to compete. I know I'll get flamed, but I don't think the 360 is the best looking watch out there. It's good, but others look better to me. I will easily compromise style for price though;)

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
You'll see all the news outlets bragging about Moto 360 1st gen "half off" on cyber Monday... only $149.
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...o-360-second-generation-moto-x-and-moto-g.htm

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-announces-its-deals-for-Cyber-Monday_id76119

http://phandroid.com/2015/11/24/motorola-cyber-monday-deals/

https://www.motorola.com/us/motomaker?pid=FLEXR2

Doesn't seem like such a great deal to me when we've had it available for $99 for awhile. Maybe this advertised version includes a metal band, but you can buy a passable 3rd party metal band for $10-$20.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones