• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using Moto 360 with different devices

I'm glad you got it going! Yeah a factory reset on the watch isn't as big of a deal as it is on your phone.

Oh yeah, especially when all the apps are on the phone and all you have to do is re-sync the apps to the watch! I love that. Wish that there was some way to do that perfectly to new phones, as well (e.g. have some sort of PC app that could backup all the customizations and just sync them up to the phone, without needing to make adjustments). Most of the apps I use to populate my homescreens/widgets have backup settings, but it also requires me to make sure that all the app data on the internal storage is backed up, specific to the apps. Nova Launcher does an awesome job at re-creating the homescreen setup, but there are still some widgets that don't quite load up correctly.

Upvote 0
It would help if you defined "much better". What's not working for you?

I've got a buddy with a Moto G and an LG G watch and his is just as responsive as my 360 with my N6.
Much better as in with my Maxx it connected automatically. Now I have manually go in and make it connect about 50% of the time. Yes, I did a reset of the watch when I made the move to the Note 4. I have no idea why it does this.

Also, notifications are spotty at best. I can hear my Note 4 get a notification and about 80% of the time they come through on time. The rest of the time they either come in much later and in bunches or not at all.

Upvote 0
Soooo. On the Motorola home page there is a blurb -
5 quick tips for your new gear
Make your Moto X or Moto 360 work for you.
I clicked on the Moto 360 link and it offers up "five cool things you can do with your Moto 360 right out of the box" .... number 3 being -
Say Cheese
When you open the camera on your Motorola phone, a “Take a Photo” card will appear on your Moto 360. You can set your phone up away from you and use your watch as a remote control trigger to shoot photos on your phone.

This option does not work on my N6 with Moto 360. What gives?

Upvote 0
I had good battery life on my Note 4 with the 360 while using a stock-based ROM... but on Cyanogenmod 12 my 360 AND Note 4 drop battery life like a brick. A heavy brick. Trying to figure out the culprit.

Back on the stock-based ROM. CM12 for the Note 4 was too experimental for me, and I missed the S-pen functionality. Battery life solved :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am either wanting to get the Moto 360 or Sony Smartwatch 3 and I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 running 4.4.2

I read that as long as it's running Android 4.3 then it should work....

My cell is out of the question since it's an iPhone 6

Anyone confirm this?

I'm also having a dilema whether to pick the Moto 360 or Sony smartwatch 3, I keep going back and forth!!

ZW

Upvote 0
I just wanted people's opinions about the two watches

I totally understand your question, and that is what reviews are for. The majority of folks will suggest the moto 360 is the watch to get on this forum, whereas folks who use the other devices will give you their opinion on that site and suggest that is the better option. :)

both devices do the same thing. it would make sense, in my humble opinion however, to grab an apple watch since you have an iphone. why carry around a big tablet?

sure the watch can connect to a tablet. again, android wear is designed for those on the go and a portable phone would be the better choice over a tablet.

Per Goog themselves:

https://support.google.com/androidwear/answer/6056390?hl=en

Can I use my watch with a tablet?
Yes, you can pair your watch with a tablet, but phones are recommended.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones