moto blur service error, please help

Last Updated:

1. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep getting a notification that says my usernam and or password is incorrect fo blur services.

I received this error after flashing the sbf then using bootstrap nandroid to get everything back the way i had it pre 2.2 update

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

just out of curiosity, other than the error, what negative affect is it having on your phone? i'm not trying to sound like i think it is something you should ignore, just trying to better understand what is going wrong so we can maybe figure out the root of the problem.

3. paul89

Other than it being really anoying, I have no idea what it effects, I know that it is some sort of an account. I tried using my phone number as the password, and ever since the notification hasn't poped up, so I'm hoping that, that fixed it!

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

restoring a rooted nandroid backup on a stock phone could be part of the problem

5. paul89

ok problem came back after rebooting... I'm just gonna go back to stock with sbf flie and then restore with Titanium.

6. Seano

Seano Member

i was getting this too. let me know if that works for you paul89.

7. haevn

haevn Well-Known Member

I had the same problem untill I updated to 2.2

8. paul89

well I sbf-ed but that didnt fix it, so I did a factory restore and now its gone!

9. tuftslax

tuftslax Well-Known Member

I also have this problem. Had the error, didnt fix it, ended up with a sync notification icon "stuck" in my notification bar. Read somewhere that it could be because I reloaded system data with my titanium backup. In the process of trying a new wipe and reloading just my apps to see if that helps.

UPDATE:
    Ok so after another factory wipe I rebooted, rerooted (although it said I already was), downloaded Titanium backup and restored ONLY user apps and the app data (not system). Havent had the blur problem nor the stuck sync icon.

Im thinking that when you activate your phone it "activates" blur along with your gmail information (which is what the syncing was related to, I think). If you reload system data the phone gets confused because it probably doesn't match up with whatever new state the activation created, thus the blur error and constant "sync" to solve the problem.