Moto Cliq from Wal-Mart

Last Updated:

1. unofficialitguy

unofficialitguy Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was shopping the other day at my local Wal-Mart and noticed that they sell both the HTC myTouch and Moto Cliq without contract. (for $410 and $500 respectfully). I'm on AT&T and was thinking about saving up and grabbing a Cliq as long as there wouldn't be an issue using it on AT&T (aside from the whole no 3G thing).

Has anyone bought a T-Mobile phone from Wal-Mart without contract and used it on AT&T?

Advertisement
  2. MB200

MB200 Well-Known Member

No, I didn't buy my Cliq from WalMart.

I bought it from T-Mobile, but paid the full price of $400 so I could do it without a contract. This way actually saves money over two years: if I stay with T-Mobile, I will pay less in total by paying the full $400 up front and then saving $15 each month. Also, this gives me the ability to UNLOCK the phone (I've received the code and the procedure, but have not yet got around to doing it.)

But I have a question for you: why pay WalMart $500 for a Cliq if T-Mobile is selling them in the US for $400?

3. unofficialitguy

unofficialitguy Active Member This Topic's Starter

I need to fheck again but they had 3 price points and i need to see what the differance really is.

4. realsickclown

realsickclown Well-Known Member

I got my local tmobile to price match the wal-mart 2yr contract price of $98

5. timmyjoe42

timmyjoe42 Well-Known Member

You of course will need to get it unlocked to work with AT+T.