Support Moto Cliq malfunction

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pixelated rookie, Jun 25, 2010.

1. pixelated rookie

pixelated rookie New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I've recently bought a moto cliq, and now that i have it...the phone malfunctions terribly. I take it off of the charger and let it sit for a long time, but it still malfunctions by clicking on things I don't click on, and pulls up menu's, pulls down the pull down screen when I click on messages. Flips pages on the screen. I can click on facebook, and it will open up multiple windows and go to sites when I haven't even pressed a thing.
    I've went into the phone, and did a factory reset, but it still persists, and i'm considering on going into the bootloader and have the phone go into recovery?

Advertisement
  2. pixelated rookie

pixelated rookie New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    any ideas of what could have possibly happened?

3. have you tried the moto cliq forum/area here. may find some help there

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead
    VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    Excellent idea. I take us there now. :D

@OP, I hope they can help you out once we get there.

5. Orthias

Orthias New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    I'd like to know that myself, because i have roughly the same problems.

Had the phone for about a month or so, all was well, about 2 weeks ago it started going haywire when it was plugged into the charger (i use the Motorola charger that came with it, not some after-market one). The touch screen behaved erratically whenever the phone was charging and I tried to touch the screen.

I didn't pay much mind to it because the behavior stopped whenever I unplugged the phone from the charger.

A couple of days ago though, all hell started to break loose inside my phone, it manifested the exact same symptoms the OP described.

Yesterday I was out grocery shopping and my phone started randomly calling people up from my contacts. It started playing music all by it's own and skipping to the next track after a few seconds (this even happened with the screen LOCKED). I also backed up my data and did a reset, but seriously I barely had 3-4 apps installed anyway, it couldn't have been that.

Any clues? I really like the phone but this is just ridiculous.