Moto Cliq - MMS issues - I have no data plan, is that why?Support

Last Updated:

1. dglenn9000

dglenn9000 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Cliq with no data plan but I PAY for messaging. I can receive mms messages but I cannot send them. The customer service rep told me I need to keep paying for messaging to receive the mms and I need to pay for the data plan to send them. This makes NO sense to me.

1. Do I absolutely need data plan to send MMS like tmo rep told me?

2. If not what should I change the settings to or how do I fix this.

It seems like every answer to my questions was data plan.
    Me: How do you set the time on the phone
    Rep: You must first purchase the data plan! :confused:

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

To send mms you do need a data plan.

3. MIKEgogogo

MIKEgogogo Member

I work for AT&T, this might not help but see if you can put something on your account called "DATA PAY PER USE." You don't need the actual data plan to send MMS but MMS requires data to be sent, even though your not being charged for the data usage of sending and receiving MMS you just need to have it open some how. In short, for AT&T, you do not need a data plan to be able to send and receive MMS messages. Besides this, AT&T sucks, stick with TMO fo sho you ho

4. cperez1094

cperez1094 New Member

Im having the same problem, what i did was go on tmo website and changed my phone to the old cell i had which was not a smart phone or data phone whatever, and added the data plan pay as you go, im hoping that would fix it. and as MIKEgogogo said about the data plan it might work, its worth a try :)