Moto Devour 1.6 really??Accessories

Last Updated:

1. mikesdroid89

mikesdroid89 New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 29, 2010
    I have a feeling this is a beatin and bloody topic...The devour still running 1.6. I love my Devour but the software is killing me, I am starting to think Motorola wants me to hate this phone because of the software and buy a X or 2,1. I mean the Defy just came out and if Im mistaken it has 2.1+Blur. I am pretty new to rooting and customs roms I am not sure if I want to go that road. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I wait it out and see what happens or Just go get a new phone be cause the update will never come??

Thanks to everyone. Still new to the forums and really loving it lots of help and good info here.

Thanks agian!!

2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    The devour was kind of released as a cheap alternative for people on edge about the droid at the time of its release. However, because it was released already using out dated hardware, there wasn't much hope of it lasting very long in terms of updates. Essentially, this phone was at the end of its life before it got released.
    There will be no update to 2.1 unless it comes from rooting. Verizon has totally dropped this phone from its support list.