• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto Droid Connecting to Home Network

Imemine

Feb 10, 2010
How do I get my Droid to the wireless and connect to my home network to download stuff when I'm at home and not use the data connection. I get connected to the network but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Also is there a way to actually see the files on my computer via my dorid besides using logmein 39.00 program?

thank you

M​

How do I get my Droid to the wireless and connect to my home network to download stuff when I'm at home and not use the data connection. I get connected to the network but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Also is there a way to actually see the files on my computer via my dorid besides using logmein 39.00 program?

thank you

M​

Settings --> Wireless --> Turn on Wi-Fi. Then go to Wi-Fi settings and add your home network. Once you're connected, that's it.

Yes, besides using LogMeIn, you can set up a VNC server on your home computer using something like UltraVNC and then access it with android-vnc-viewer on your Droid, though this requires more messing around than LogMeIn, including forwarding ports on your router and stuff like that. I won't go into detail on that, as you can get that information easily by looking at your VNC program of choice's documentation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones