Moto Droid Extended Battery

Last Updated:

1. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have been patiently waiting for a slim extended battery for the Motorola Droid. I have even been searching ebay to see what I can find and at last I found something.

1600MA BATTERY FOR MOTOROLA BP6X DROID A855 CLIQ MB200 - eBay (item 390150571975 end time Mar-02-10 01:03:07 PST)

I found this 1600mah battery for under $10. I was wondering if anyone had any success stories with inexpensive bootleg batteries. This battery is only 200+mah over stock. It might have less than 20% extra power. Anyone game to try it.

Advertisement
    droidman01 likes this.
  2. TonyG916

TonyG916 Well-Known Member

item removed

3. get quad

get quad Banned

4. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am tempted by this battery, but I would like to know, do you carry your phone in your pocket or do you use a holster?

5. get quad

get quad Banned

6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

mAh ratings and run time (given same usage patterns), usually have a 1:1 correlation. So if an "extended battery" has 10% higher mAh rating, it will generally last 10% longer. At least this has been the case with my Seidio, and OEM, extended batteries.

That said, I wouldn't touch a "cheaper then OEM regular battery" that claims to be extended, from ebay, with "your" Droid. At least with Seidio, they have been around, and have developed a good reputation throughout different phone communities.

FWIW, the 2600mAh battery is avail. on amazon.com for ~$55.

7. cgalbraith

cgalbraith Member

8. colnago

9. sweetmike

sweetmike Member

I believe Seidio is currently producing a ultracell slim extended battery.
    I think I will wait for it to come out to view it as I keep my phone in an holster and I think the current extended batteries add bulk to the phone and will not allow me to keep it in my holster.

10. get quad

get quad Banned

11. colnago

This is the plight of pretty much any extended battery that provides significant power gains.

12. MikeTyson

MikeTyson Active Member

buyer beware... this battery rocks... going on day 3 without a charge... BUT!!!!!!!! there is something not agreeing with the droid on this... battery will say its dying and prompt to charge... turn phone off and on and the battery has plenty of juice to go through with another day or two...

Its an awesome battery but you are "blind" in knowing how much life you actually have due to the meter being off bigtime!!!

love it and hate it all at the same time :mad::D:eek:

13. droid_genesis

droid_genesis Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's a problem with the phone itself. My phone just did that today, and I'm running on a stock battery - I received a call, hung up a few minutes later, and it began blinking red. I checked the battery status, and it was down to 5%. I turned the phone off and back on, and it was back to 60%.

14. peenapple390

peenapple390 Well-Known Member

I love my Seidio Extended Cell Battery. I've had it for over a week and i absolutely love it. Its not much bulkier than any other phone i've had before and its nice to be able to hold it different ways. I also purchased the Extended Battery Innocase and the charging dock...best purchase I've made aside from my Droid :D

15. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one.

16. MikeTyson

MikeTyson Active Member

FWIW - I called Seidio and the guy on the phone was completely aware of this issue... Said some batteries are will not register accurate readings with the Droid... I had two out of three friends have the same issue...

Conclusion... It's not just me, but it's not everyone hahaha:eek::p

17. dotster77

dotster77 Member

place selling that battery has real bad feedback on those batterys.. they sell a similar 1600ma battery for the google phone and from looking through their feedback a lot of people had problems with it... it's one of those companies on ebay selling so much shit they probably don't even answer emails.. and forget about refunds and produc replacments.. I ought cheap china batteries before.. some were awesome.. some sucked..it could be a good experience or bad.. price is certaily right at 8.95 with free shipping.. go for it and let us know how it works out..

18. JDW

JDW Well-Known Member

Yes, this is happening. I kill this battery per the meter, remove and go back to the stock one. The, when I get home, I pop the extended one back in to charge it, and it says 60% suddenly...

Seems the phone, the battery and the battery meter are not particularly in sync.

Sorta sucks...

One thing I have definitely noticed with the extended batt, is that is charges back to full a LOT faster than the OEM.

I also don't see the expected battery life. It's MUCH better, but not twice as long. I use an IM app all day long, so, I know it kills batteries. But, it only lasts maybe a third or so longer than the OEM.

19. colnago

That price is certainly "wrong". There is no way that a company is going to sell a battery, which out performs an OEM battery that is most likely already optimized, "for less than half the price", and is also going to be both legitimate and reliable.

20. peenapple390

peenapple390 Well-Known Member

Wait, are you guys talking about the Seidio Extended Battery not giving accurate readings????

I haven't had any problems what so ever!

21. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

the stock battery is 1425

22. MikeTyson

MikeTyson Active Member

The OP I dont think was... The poster I quoted was talking about Seidio and thats the one Im having "reading" issues with...

Thebattery itself is definitely worth the money IMO... It's the false reading it gives off that pretty much makes it annoying because you never know what the heck your battery level is...

Just going with a rolling 2-2 1/2 days and charging as usual even though I can push it to 3 with no problem... By simply turning on and offf the phone every now and then it seems to give me an honest reading...

Its after a few hours the reading gets innaccuarate... Makes no sense but the extended bsttery certainly adds a lot of life to the charge... Just annoys me... Kinda like an acquired taste if you will..:eek::rolleyes:

23. Xritam

Xritam Well-Known Member

24. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

its funny because for the nexus its the opposite the slim extended is out and the bulky one isnt..so i dont kno what the hold up is on the droid slim extended..ive been holding out waiting to see what the slim one will be like before i buy anything

25. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Link?