Moto Droid - Gmail - Contacts

Last Updated:

1. MrKaraokeSteve

MrKaraokeSteve Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Android experts -

First off, First Time poster, and long time lurker.

I am thinking about getting the moto droid, and I heard that you can sign into your gmail account and sync all your contacts, but I have a question.

What if I don't want my Gmail contacts to be syncd with the device, but I want to be able to check my gmail accounts, is that possible? :confused:

The reason that I am asking is because I have numerous, like 10s of thousand contacts, and I don't want them all on the phone.

Advertisement
  2. CodaMan

CodaMan Member

You sure can. Just turn off contact sync for that gmail account. I have 1 gmail account and 2 google apps accounts and I sync all their contacts using Soocial, then I only sync my gmail account to my droid and leave the other 2 with sync disabled. And yes, e-mail still works fine with all of them.

MrKaraokeSteve likes this.
  3. MrKaraokeSteve

MrKaraokeSteve Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for your quick reply!

4. RKG

RKG Member

another option is create another g-mail account as primary for your droid. Then add your other account and do what was suggested above and don't let it sync. That way you could have contacts on your phone backed up without messing with all the contacts in the other account.