Moto Droid Google voice problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. sftl97

sftl97 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having the following problem: I try to make a call and select the call to go through gv. I get the pop up showing it's connecting, but it doesn't connect and in about 20-30 seconds comes back with 'failed to connect' and gives me the option to retry using gv or call w/out gv. It does not happen on every call but often enough to be annoying, and these are numbers which have connected before.
    Any one else experiencing this? is there some settng somewhere that i'm missing? or could this be some network glitch?
    Also, is there a place to report problems such as this?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe many (most? all?) of us have experienced this irritation from time to time. Like you, no discernible rhyme or reason. When I NEED to make the call and I NEED for Google Voice number to appear as my caller i.d., I use the newly revamped GV Dialer app (free). Currently, when you set it to on, it catches ALL outgoing calls, which is a pain. So, I keep the app on my home screen, turning it on and off as needed. Works thru carrier's network rather than data.

3. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

I've had this issue as well a number of times.

From various forum postings and my own observations, I *think* I know what's causing the problem.

It seems that the Android GV app makes an initial connection over the Internet to GV servers before dialing the routing number.

I've also had problems using the Internet either via wifi or 3G every time I've had GV fail to dial out.

4. sftl97

sftl97 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks..I was beginning to think it was something I was doing.. By the way, when you say the new GV Dialer app?? I wasn't aware that another GV applic.? I tried to search the market and can't find it. Is it called GV Dialer or something else?

Thanks again.

5. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

search GV

Its the second one called GV Dialer.

All it does is make the call as if you modified your contact info

GV# --- 2--- ###-###-#### 2 "this is a free call"

What i like about it is when you turn it on you just make a call like you normally would.
    Its supposed to update your call log to show the number you wanted to call and not your GV number. Its not working on mine but the DEV is aware of the problem.

Hope this helps.