Moto Droid Homescreen Apps Disappear

Last Updated:

1. headquarterz

headquarterz New Member This Topic's Starter

Searched and couldn't find anything on this. Occasionally when i unlock the phone, all of my homescreen widgets are gone. Nothing but the wallpaper is visible. It usually happens when i am browsing on Dolphin and the screen times out. Then i hit the unlock button, swipe across to unlock, and when i hit home key, all apps are gone. Must reboot to get widgets back. Has anyone had this problem or know what to do to fix it?
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. dakster

dakster Well-Known Member

I get this bug sometimes too, it's pretty annoying. It's supposedly fixed in froyo from what I recall reading in the android issues/bug report page.

Another way to fixing it without rebooting is to go into settings/applications and force close the home process. You're icons will show back up in a minute or two after that.

headquarterz likes this.
  3. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with 2.1. I still use dolphin with 2.2 but have not had the same issue since upgrading. Hope that helps. If you're still on 2.1...just root and upgrade! :)

4. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

I am guessing it has to do with your phone needing more memory when browsing and killing the launcher and so it has to redraw when you return to home. Check out your running services under applications and see what apps are running services that hog memory. Lame I know. There are many other solutions to this problem too such as options with home apps to keep home in memory.

5. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

If this is the problem, something as simple as task killer might fix it. If you don't use it already, download (free) from the market and give it a try...it lets you kill the dozen apps running in the background that you didn't know were there..lol

6. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

I would suggest not killing these apps but possibly seeing if you can delete some of them if you do not use them. A task manager may help keep them from running in the background though