• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto Droid keeps rebooting

Turn phone off. Power back on holding down X button and power on button. You will see a screen with an exclamation point, press the volume up+camera button @ the same time. If not, try Volume down+camera button. You will see a screen come up with different options. Select "wipe data" will ask you are you sure, go to yes. This will completely wipe & hard reset your phone to brand new condition. This fixed my problems. No more reboots or lag! You will have to download apps again and sign back into accounts and save favorite web pages, but it is well worth it imo.

Upvote 0
I too have this same issue. I cleared the cache and even did a full reset and it kept happening. Finally I pulled the battery and let it sit for a while. I put the battery back in and it stayed on all night but I just left it at the activation screen. So this morning I tried to set it up and put in my google account and as soon as it started to synce it started the reboot loop all over again.

Upvote 0
This has been happening to me for months. They have now sent me my 5th Droid Incredible - still happening.
Here's what troubleshooting steps we've taken:
1. new battery (twice)
2. new Droid (x4)
3. factory reset (x3)
4. install Anti-Virus (tried 2 different ones, AVG and "Antivirus free"
5. uninstall all apps (x2)
Now they are saying that maybe I have some sort of bug or virus in an email somewhere in Gmail. I find this hard to believe as I have using Gmail since 2007 and have no problems on any other system (3 desktops and a laptop) on which I access my Gmail. I even have all my Gmail downloaded into Thunderbird on my laptop with no issues, either.
Does it go without saying that this is very frustrating?
Cheers,
rclowe

Upvote 0
I've had the Moto Droid for three days now and it reboots itself or freezes frequently. It does this at least 10 times a day.

First thought: apps conflicting, right? But this was happening with no apps on it at all. It happens in the music player, home screen, and just about anywhere. There is no pattern to it.

My final assumption is that this is a problem with Android 2.0 and patches and updates will be coming to minimize these freeze ups and reboots, but wanted to pop in an ask the community if they've been seeing the same thing, or if they have any tips/tricks to stop these.

I have had the same problem. A quick remedy, perhaps until other updates or patches are released, is something I have tried with great success, the only downfall is major battery power consumption:

Set the screen timeout for locking to.........never timeout! Works perfectly for my Droid Bionic which was doing the automatic reboot seemingly every hour.

Upvote 0
This has been happening to me for months. They have now sent me my 5th Droid Incredible - still happening.
Here's what troubleshooting steps we've taken:
1. new battery (twice)
2. new Droid (x4)
3. factory reset (x3)
4. install Anti-Virus (tried 2 different ones, AVG and "Antivirus free"
5. uninstall all apps (x2)
Now they are saying that maybe I have some sort of bug or virus in an email somewhere in Gmail. I find this hard to believe as I have using Gmail since 2007 and have no problems on any other system (3 desktops and a laptop) on which I access my Gmail. I even have all my Gmail downloaded into Thunderbird on my laptop with no issues, either.
Does it go without saying that this is very frustrating?
Cheers,
rclowe

The antivirus might be your problem, keep it off also dont use any kind of task killer. You might also want to make a new gmail to use as your primary to see if it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones