1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Moto Droid Maxx Cases and AccessoriesTips

1. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Great thread, thanks for starting it! I really like the bumper case and I appreciate the more detailed pictures that have been posted. I think I'll get that one, rather than an Otterbox Commuter (assuming Otterbox released a Commuter case for this phone). I've always been a Commuter kind of guy as it offers great protection with not a lot of bulk. Have dropped my phone several times on pavement, and the case took the impact and left the phone unscathed. After reading through this thread yesterday, I took the case off my Razr Maxx and I forgot what a good-looking phone this is.

Anyway, the bumper case may be the way to go since it's minimal but will still offer protection if it's dropped. I like the red case stripe in contrast to the black phone.
  2. Ricolas P

Ricolas P Member

Bumper case looks nice (esp the red). Thanks for the heads up--will be ordering this
  3. JimPhreak

JimPhreak New Member

I'm looking for a nice case that will protect my Maxx but isn't huge a bulky like the otterbox is. The Incipio looks nice I'm wondering how it compares to the silicon bumper Verizon sells in terms of protection. I drop my phone every now and then getting out of my car and don't want to break it.

EDIT: This looks like a nice case but I can't find it in stock anywhere of course :(.

Motorola Droid Maxx Protective Case | Incipio DualPro
  4. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

5. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

you can go into a verizon store and have them order for you. not sure if you can order yourself online from their site. looks nice but it is relatively slick.
  6. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Likely getting a Maxx on the 25th. Can someone report back that has purchased a wireless charger and if it works/how long it takes to charge? Really interested in this!
  7. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

FYI, I received this reply today:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We have not finalized plans to make spring-clip holsters for a non-cased Motorola Droid Maxx. Your request has been forwarded to product development.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service
    Outatime likes this.
  8. maseison

maseison New Member

I'm looking for a clear skin to protect the carbon fiber body of the phone too!
  9. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

I ordered the TYLT VU yesterday. It is pricey but doubles as a decent desk dock. I don't know when it will arrive but I will post back when I test it. Also, nice thing about wireless Qi chargers you don't have to get a new one for every phone as long as they are Qi compatible.
    Lew
  10. JimPhreak

JimPhreak New Member

Where did you order it from? I couldn't find them in stock. Thanks.
  11. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

12. JimPhreak

JimPhreak New Member

Thanks for the link. The more I think about it the less I can justify the $70 price though because I have no real need for a stand or anything. I just want a pad that I can put my phone down on and it'll charge. Anyone have a good recommendation for something simpler?
  13. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

There is a griffin car dock on the vzw web site under Maxx accessories. It was out of stock yesterday, but they are now available. I ordered one this morning.
  14. notalent_assclowns

notalent_assclowns Active Member

Thanks for the heads up on the car dock. I called and ordered it as well.
  15. CKwik240

CKwik240 Well-Known Member

Awesome. I had seen the one for the Moto X also by Griffin on Verizon or Moto's site. Looked pretty good. Now they need to release one for the Droid Mini. The GF probably wants something smaller. She has a Bionic now but don't think she wants to go up in size any further. Only downside there is that the battery isn't replaceable and she carries around an extra battery if she knows she won't have access to a charger for a while. Hopefully battery life on it is at least acceptable. And if I get a new phone, she's gonna want one as well.
  16. JimPhreak

JimPhreak New Member

Could always have her get the Moto X, it's basically the exact same physical size as the Bionic.
  17. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Have here handle the Maxx. I came from the Bionic and is not a noticeable change. 1/2 inch taller, 1/4 inch wider, and 1/3 thinner. And of course she can stop carrying the spare battery.

... Thom
  18. CKwik240

Problem is she thinks the bionic is too big. she can't fit it into her pants pocket.
  19. CKwik240

She went to the bionic from a dinc. That WAS a noticeable change. The extra battery is only necessary on occasion and not that big of a deal. I'll probably get her an external battery if it ends up being a problem. Right now, her biggest complaint is the lag she's getting on her bionic. I played with the mini last night at a vzw store. I think she'll like it. Discussing it with her last night, i think she's on board even without a car dock (that's more my thing anyways). So i picked one up for her at lunch an will surprise her with it tonight. :) i have it charging on my desk here at work.
  20. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

From what you said I think she will like the Mini also. Too small for me. Perfect for her.

... Thom
  21. CKwik240

Gave it to her last night. She loves it. We'll have to see how battery life is over the next few days, but she loves the speed and form factor. She is also digging the fast camera capabilities. Makes capturing our cats' antics much easier.

I have my Maxx on order. I can't wait...
  22. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

Was thinking about this again... I didn't realize the Maxx is essentially being marketed as a "caseless phone." If you browse through the DroidDoes.com site, the durability of the phone is specifically called out, including the tough Kevlar back and Gorilla Glass screen.

Sedio, I hope you reconsider and can get these holsters to market soon. This phone begs to live life in the nude! Your spring clip case for the Gnex was half a year after launch, but I love it all the same.
  23. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Oh I'm dying without one. I've had one for every smart phone I've ever used.
  24. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member

I just want a pouch. Something to slip the phone in to prevent it rattling around.

I am a little disappointed that there is so little available for the phone for accessories - looks like we may have bought one of the verizon orphan phones and the support will be behind the X.