Moto Droid Maxx Pre-Release ThreadGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jalov

jalov Well-Known Member

Mine is now sitting at the local Fedex, on the truck, to be delivered Monday. pretty excited for a Monday finally!
  2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Mine should have been arriving Monday to. But thanks to the idiots at Verizon now it's not. I don't know why I even bothered to come back to them.
  3. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

4. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

i'd get it if I was ok with using a phablet as a phone. Also, if i didn't hate samsung after the gnex experience.

how was your experience with the maxx hd though? I always kicked myself for buying into the gnex hype and not waiting for the original maxx, or hell even the rezound was a much better phone at the time.
  5. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

? you know the phone doesn't release till tuesday right? why the hatred for getting a phone delivered on release day?
  6. wise_guy69

wise_guy69 Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly I believe he reported that somehow Verizon cancelled his order and he would have to wait until the second wave if he was to re-preorder. But what I don't understand is that he could just pick one up in-store if he really wanted it Tuesday. I am assuming these should be an easy scoop on Tuesday, but maybe I'm wrong...
    Covert_Death likes this.
  7. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone has been fortunate enough to get their Maxx delivered today?
  8. wise_guy69

wise_guy69 Well-Known Member

Just checking in on this thread to see if anyone's pre-orders have arrived or not. If so we need pictures and updates; good, bad and otherwise!
  9. jalov

jalov Well-Known Member

Just arrived off the FedEx truck. Haven't had time to play with it yet, but will hopefully have some time later.
  10. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

Laggy, poor color on screen, battery same as tbolt with extended battery, lousy camera.
  11. Cincybearcatfan

I stopped by my local VZW corporate store on my way home from work today. They had the Maxx, Ultra (Red back) and Ultra (Black back) on display. First things first, the Ultra is UNCOMFORTABLE in hand. It's too thin. The Maxx feels and looks incredible.

I tested it opening webpages (phonedog and phandroid) vs. my Gnex. It loaded webpages 2-3 seconds faster than my Gnex.

I also took a photo with my Gnex and the Maxx for comparison's sake. It's a quick shot but it gives a little context. I also took photos of the apps pre-installed in the app drawer.

This is taken with my Genx:
    [​IMG]

This was taken with the Moto Maxx
    [​IMG]

Here are the apps included in the app drawer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Outatime and OutOfPhase like this.
  12. Cincybearcatfan

I also asked about pricing because I know some had heard that it would cost $350 with a $50 mail in rebate. At my store (because I can't speak for everyone) I was told that it will be $299.99 and that there is a $349.99 bundle that they can sell me but the phone itself is $299.99.

I asked if he could sell it to me tonight and he said as much as he'd like to because he's on commission, he can't until tomorrow. I explained that tomorrow is only a little more than an hour away since they close soon. He laughed and said let me see what I can do. He came back with good news. He said that he can sell it to me at $999,999 tonight or I can wait and buy it for $299.99 tomorrow. He said that the computer has the above price in now when he tries to ring it up.

I decided that I would wait. :(
    Lucky Armpit and Outatime like this.
  13. JustJosh4

JustJosh4 Well-Known Member

I think I'll be picking this phone up tomorrow, I just really wish that there were some more reviews of it available. I jumped into my Droid X blind though, and that was really a fantastic device. Looking forward to getting back on a Motorola device after using my Galaxy Nexus.
  14. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

Thanks for the images and info. My Maxx is being delivered tomorrow and it is good to hear positive reviews. I thought the Ultra might be a little thin to be comfortable in the hand and I wanted the 32 Gb memory in the Maxx.:D
  15. Cincybearcatfan

I honestly don't think I will regret this phone regardless of what comes out over the next 6 months, that is unless it becomes a lemon for some reason.

If it weren't for battery and signal strength (and broken port) my Gnex would be fine. I have the extended battery and I usually have at least ONE of the original batteries with me when I'm going to be away from a charger (usually two others).

I didn't so a side by side comparison of the S4 with this phone, but honestly, I don't need to. The S4 seems like it's going to be more of the same that I currently have (with a few more bells and whistles minus the pure Google experience).

The only way I can see this phone coming back in the 14 day trial period is if they lied about 48 hours battery life. If it's within 36 hours and it's as peppy as it seems to be, I'm going to be one happy camper.:)
  16. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

CBF, you made my night. I was SERIOUSLY freaked out by this. $299 is pushing my financial limit right now.... that extra $50 would have been a hard thing to swallow.

I am psyched beyond words.
  17. JustJosh4

JustJosh4 Well-Known Member

Good point. The battery life on the GNex is a huge problem for me and probably one of the big reasons for me going to the Maxx. I have terrible reception at work and in class and my GNex would be crying for mercy after 4-5 hours, even with an extended battery.
  18. Cincybearcatfan

I plan on buying the Bumper Case for my Maxx tomorrow. It's $19.99 and I really like the idea of leaving my kevlar backing visible.

Set Your Location

[​IMG]
    Lucky Armpit likes this.
  19. Outatime

Oh I completely agree. This is the phone other manufacturers will be copying for the next couple of years.
  20. Outatime

You know, I think it's kind of sad. Here we are on release day, and not ONE review by any of the major tech websites. I just checked Engadget, TheVerge, Droid-Life, Droiddog. Nothing. All have had the Moto X review up for a week now, and it's still three days from release. And, it's a lesser phone than the Maxx.

I find that curious.
  21. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

I agree, it's almost if VZ made a deal to get their phones by allowing Moogle to push the Moto X more. From what I see the Moto X needs all the pushing it can get to compete with the Maxx. I'll know today. :D
  22. Outatime

Now I'm just sitting here waiting until it's time to head to the store. I can't even play World of Warcraft while I'm waiting because it's down for maintenance day. LOL.
  23. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

This phone is not getting the push because moto will get more bang for the buck on advertising the X because it is across all carriers. Plus when you walk into Verizon and ask about the x the reps will just say we also have the maxx which is the same device with a bigger battery and screen.
  24. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

and storage size ;) we will also mention storage size lmao
    OutOfPhase likes this.
  25. Outatime

Well aside from the pushy sales chicks that wouldn't take no for an answer, I'm a VERY happy Droid Maxx owner!! OMG it was worth the wait. The screen. I was worried about the screen. OMG it is gorgeous. Crisp and bright.

I don't think I've stopped smiling since I left the VZW store.

Edit: Ugh. Slight disappointment. The Droid Command Center widget does not work on Nova Launcher.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.