Moto Droid or Incredible??General

Last Updated:

1. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I planned on getting two Droid's end of month utilizing the bogo..

Until I read this..

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010...oo-on-its-back/

Pretty impressive.. What would you guys do? Wait or jump on the droid bogo?

Any rumors on whether or not there would be a bogo for the Incredible?

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

There won't be a BOGO on the Incredible. But they may package a Droid/Eris/Devour with it as a BOGO.

3. helicooper

helicooper Well-Known Member

Everyone here is going to get the incredible. That's why this forum is dedicated to it and also why everyone has been waiting for 5 months or more for it. They are not going to give a BOGO on a brand new flagship phone right out of the gate. I would be impressed if they sell if for 199 or less. I could see it being a 249 or even 299 phone.

BTW Thanks for showing us the kind of people we here are going to envy. Show up at the store, "ooOOOoo this is pretty." and done. :p

4. DontEatPoop

DontEatPoop Well-Known Member

That's like you asking if you want a one night stand with Jessica Biel or my hand..

Why on earth would you pick moto droid?

5. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Having a physical keyboard is a big deal to some people. I hardly ever use the one I have on my Droid so I wouldn't miss it if I buy the Incredible.

6. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

Because your hand, uh, I mean the Droid will prolly' be much cheaper. I'm fortunate that $100 or $300 isn't a big deal, but for many it is, especially because the Droid is VERY usable (have one now, bought off of Craigslist) but will be upgrading .

7. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Some people want the physical KB and VZW is having a BOGO deal on them. Incredible, when released, won't see a price flex any time soon, and will probably be in the $200-250 range

8. FunkyBoss

FunkyBoss Well-Known Member

I will be getting the incredible as soon as it's released. Now my wife, who's been checking it out too wants an Android based phone. Problem is, her NE2 just started about 6 months ago. And she says she really loves a physical keyboard like she has on her Samsung Rogue now. So I'm thinking that we'll need to look to Craigslist to get a used Droid for her. Maybe after the Incredible comes out they will be cheaper? They are being listed for like $250 up to $500 now?

Any members here in the Chicagoland area want to sell us their Droid after the Incredible is released? :D

9. wordweaver27

wordweaver27 Well-Known Member

After the Incredible is released, a few weeks in the Droid may very well be a BOGO with Incredible.....

10. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

In Phoenix they're going for 300-350. I have to imagine they'll drop to about 250 after the Incredible comes out

11. hth715

hth715 Well-Known Member

My friend has a Droid for the sole reason of having a physical keyboard (upgraded from EnV touch) and loves it. He is new to Android and loves its functionality. If you can get past not having a physical keyboard, wait for the Incredible. I have heard good things about HTC's touch keyboard and the Incredible has a beautiful screen to throw it on.

I think after the Incredible comes out and people can play with it in the stores, anyone who bought a Droid is going to realize how much cooler the Incredible is.

12. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

The Droid has no appeal to me whatsoever, but I played with the Devour display model at Wal Mart last night, and I'm smitten. It wasn't even a live phone, but the spring loaded metal slide action was sweet. Reminded me of a nice gun. Spec wise, it doesn't appeal to me at all, but I would love to get some of that quality feel in the Incredible. Wish they were doing it in an aluminum unibody like the Legend.

13. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

If price isn't a big issue, go for the Incredible. I feel like the moto droid is on the later half of its life. Go with something new, top of the line (if you can afford to). If not, like was said, the moto droid is a very capable phone.

14. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was going to go droid, but rumor has the BOGO ending 3/31, and i'm not up for renewal until 4/1. I spoke to VZW and they won't let me renew early (******ED), so if all that is true then i'll go Incredible. I don't care about KB or no KB really.. so just depends on how the BOGO works out.

15. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

If you like a sexy form factor and a phone with bad ass specs, the Incredible is the way to go. If you need a keyboard, the Droid is your boy!

16. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I have a rooted Droid, OCed to 1.2GHz. What is any phone gonna offer me what the Droid can't? We also have an FM tuner, but like the N1 it is not activated. But there's several radio streaming apps, so I can still get what I want to listen to anyway. But I've had my Droid since launch day, and have been enjoying 2.x since.

I will, however, be upgrading my g/fs LG Dare to the Incredible. The Droid was never really her thing, but she loves its functionality (Droid does, baby). So I very much look forward to having the two best Android devices in my household.

17. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I'm actually already seeing Moto Droids on Craigslist for 225-250 , and some as high as 300. I think if I see a Droid for $150 I'll pick it up just for the hell of it

18. saltysteve

saltysteve Well-Known Member

you know i havent really read the break down of why the incredible will be better than the droid. can someone either list the facts or send me in the right direction?

I currently have the droid and it had been great to me. i also have the opportunity to get the incredible but if its basically the same phone im not sure i would bother.

i do not use the droid keyboard but it also doesnt bother me that its there either. I can only see that i would like the slimmer size incredible with a nicer camera but thats all i have read why its really better than a (rooted) Droid.

any comments?

19. Sid Sawyer

Sid Sawyer Member

I'm saving every dollar I have for the Incredible. I say Incredible HANDS DOWN!

20. dblack9

dblack9 Well-Known Member

if i already had a droid, i wouldnt care about the incredible. i dont plan on doing a lot of heavy computing on my phone.
    if i have to pay $200 and extend my contract for a phone, then i want the latest and greatest. im trying to be patient and at least hold it in my hands before i make a decision, but the longer it takes for the incredible to come out the closer i get to buying a droid for $70.
    im running winmo 6.1 right now so any android device with a nice sized screen will be a GREAT improvement.

21. v4npro

v4npro Well-Known Member

Whats bugging me is, I need a new phone, and I don't want to get the Droid then have the Incredible come out just after the 30 day period. Very annoying Verizon not giving us a release date or even mentioning anything about the Effing phone. Since Sprint's more open about it, I might just wait till the EVO. :/

22. ab187

ab187 Active Member

So I am due for an upgrade soon and I have pretty much decided that I was going to hold out for the Incredible. But now I am REALLY tempted to get the Pre now that its on a fire sale. $50 and free mobile hotspot is a great deal.

23. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Then go get it. I've already waited several months... one more won't kill me.

24. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

I bought a Droid today to get my Android fix for the interim but once that Incredible drops (or 30 days whichever is sooner) the Droid goes back to VZW

25. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Is it really worth the $35 restocking fee?