Moto Droid Physical Keyboard problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. chubz9

chubz9 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I am not sure if this is a known problem, or maybe it just happens on mine. The physical keyboard sometimes would not work properly, and the same keys would not respond at all when it happens. from time to time, the "e", "y", "g", "i", ".", among other keys, would not work. it is really annoying... when this happens, i'll switch to the virtual keyboard and finish whatever i am typing... i switch back to the physical keyboard, and the problem would still be there. When I turn the phone complete off, then turn it back on, the problem will go away... then it will happen again at some point...

i am not sure if it is a hardware or software issue. maybe there's an app affecting it? i highly doubt it though... i paid retail for this phone, and i still have time to return it if i have to... i just want to know if it can be fixed by maybe factory resetting the phone, or if i should just return it. i love the phone, and will get another one if returned...

thanks for any suggestions!

Advertisement
  2. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

What apps are you running that may be specific for keyboard improvement or functionality?

3. chubz9

Thanks for your reply.. here are the apps i am running:

Amazed
    Amazon
    ASTRO
    Battery Indicator ProDROID
    Cashew
    Listen
    Google Sky Map
    jaavo Money lite
    Pandora
    Shazam
    StopWatch
    Diabetes Manager
    Dial Zero
    Dolphin Browser
    Droid Bluetooth Toggle
    eBuddy
    Extreme Call Blocker Droid
    Frozen Bubble
    Gmote
    Google Voice
    Labyrinth Lite
    Layar
    Mobile Defense
    Flixster Movies
    Nav Launcher
    PdaNet
    Pkt Auctions eBay
    QueueMan
    Quick Profiles
    Tip Calc
    TV-Guide
    TV.com
    USA TV Guide
    Visual VM
    Where

Thanks!

4. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

ok, if anything, i'd have to say Dolphin Browser. it's gotten my Droid kinda buggy. it caused the battery indicator to not function and the @ key wouldn't work

5. chubz9

okay, i can live without dolphin browser... i'll try without it... thank you!!

6. Azxx

Azxx New Member

I have the exact same problem, but wit' g, h, j ,l and DEL. I've factory reset the phone several times. It's got not'ing to do wit' apps. Sometimes they work. Most of the time they don't. Now I can't sign in because most of these defective letters are in my username and password. There is no on screen keyboard. It's bullsh*t. It can't be hardware, because i've noticed that not'ing physical will happen to the phone when it does decide to want to work. It's going on 2 weeks for me right now. This phone is garbage.

7. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Return the phone?