Moto Droid screen scratches?

How is your Moto Droid screen holding up?

1. Not a single scratch! Is the screen made of diamond?

95 vote(s)
    78.5%
  2. One or two minor, barely visible scratches. Oh, well ...

19 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. One or two major (always visible) scratches. Annoying!

6 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Multiple scratches! Did somebody take sandpaper to my screen when I wasn't looking?

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. AzJazz

AzJazz Well-Known Member

For those of you with "nude" Moto Droids (i.e., no screen protector): How is your screen holding up?

To make this poll the most useful for other owners considering a screen protector purchase, please include:

1) The amount of time you've owned your Droid, and
    2) How you normally carry it around (in your pocket, full cover, exposed screen belt clip, etc.)

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

1) Ive had my droid for about 2 months now.
    2) Always carry it around in my pocket, naked.
  3. Thoraldus

Thoraldus Well-Known Member

I've had my Droid since day 1 and use the Motorola Shell & Holster on my duty belt. Screen is pristine.
  4. raremage

raremage Well-Known Member

Bought mine on release date. I carry it any of the following: Belt-Clip Holster, pocket side-pouch on my belt, jacket pocket, or trousers pocket. No scratches, though I noticed the other day a bit of paint/finish wearing off in the lower-corner of my screen, just left of the Back button.
  5. SteveRyan

SteveRyan Well-Known Member

I have one very small scratch about 1cm long....barely visible. It's always in my pocket, naked.

I've had the phone for two months.

After watching the scratch test videos on YouTube, i'm wondering at what point did someone manage to sneak a jackhammer onto my screen.
  6. Shmooze

Shmooze New Member

I've had a super nude droid since Dec, and always keep it pocketed. The screens Gorilla glass is clutch although I have small exterior damage. Looks better naked.

Battlefield BC2 anyone? Xbl Ecto Won
  7. bunit03057

bunit03057 New Member

I have had mine for less than a month. I have used it without a screen protector since I saw a video showing someone trying to destroy the screen with no scratches resulting.
    I have one minor but visible scratch that developed in my pocket. Purchased a screen protector to avoid any more small scratches.
  8. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

1) Since it came out
    2) in my pocket about 2 hours a day maybe more, sits on my work or home desk the majority of the time.
  9. Unclebill

Unclebill Active Member

I've had my Droid for a month now. Tried a screen protector - the type Verizon stores sell - didn't like it - pulled if off after a week. I found a leather pouch which I had years ago for a calculator ... the Droid fits perfectly in it ... I stick it in my shirt pocket. When I'm at home or at the office - I keep my Droid on my desk. The screen is pristine.
  10. iFrostyy

iFrostyy Well-Known Member

1. 1 month
    2. In pocket

Zero scratches
  11. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Screen is in beautiful condition, few bumps on the bezel cause I dropped it twice :/ but the screen is amazing
  12. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Owned mine since Nov 6th, no screen protectors or anything. Only one drop, a 1 footer onto carpet lol. I keep mine in a magnetic-clipped side pouch.

No damage or wear at all. I could box it up and you'd think it was new.
  13. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

1) The amount of time you've owned your Droid - Since mid-November

2) How you normally carry it around - In a leather holster

Other than this a tiny scratch on the bottom right of the screen, you'd think it's brand new. Don't know how the scratch got there ... don't care, really have to look for it.
  14. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

Had it since launch
    keep it in a holster or my pocket
    looks brand spankin new but for the pocket lint that gets in the ear piece.
  15. Jerm13

Jerm13 Well-Known Member

1- Since release
    2- In my pants pocket

The screen is *almost* pristine. There is a group of extremely shallow scratches that cannot be seen 99% of the time, generally I have to fog up the screen before they show up.
  16. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

Had mine since day one and I carry it in my pocket. Not a scratch!
  17. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

1) Since Launch
    2) Originally with case/screen protector but both came off after about a week.

Not a single scratch on the screen...one bad drop left a bit of an indentation on the outer metal bezel of the screen.

-Good poll, it made for a nice thread :)
  18. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

Pocket carry since day one with no "protector". I learned with my last phone that all these silly accessories do more harm than good.
  19. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

this is my 3rd (um, i might have mentioned that one or twelve times), but each has been the same...no scratches, and they are as nude as the day is long. this latest one i've had pretty much all of this month, and it goes into a winter jacket pocket (because, dc) on the right side chest level, which has a zipper on the opening, and not one scratch as it goes in and out of the pocket, past the zipper, multiple times a day. when i'm not near the jacket, i will often slip it into my insanely disorganized purse, where it will swim around for a little while before i rescue it. i've put it in pockets and carried it around the house, and i've even dropped it once (in a very cushiony way, on carpet, not a long fall). it's crazy. the last one, i dropped it and the outside bezel thing got a couple of tiny dents, but still, nothing to the screen. i frickin' love this thing, it's amazing.

that said? it will get scratched in the next 2 years. i'm okay with that. it's a phone. i'm surprised it's just done so well so far. very impressed.
  20. Bcreekski

Bcreekski Member

Purchased on date of release. Always carry in pocket and ski parka pocket (I ski daily). No screen protector. No scratch!!!
  21. jugo

jugo Member

I have it in a protective leather pouch all the time unless It rings or I need to use it.

I've had it for 2 months now.

I did the key scratch test on it a couple of times and not a single scratch.
  22. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

i've had my phone since beginning of November (not launch day).

i keep it in my pocket without any sort of case or cover or protector. i usually don't put anything else in that pocket.

no scratches at all.
  23. lpauline

lpauline New Member

bought droid on release date; no screen protector; no scratches ... screen is like new. I carry phone in my hand, in an empty pocket or in a flip top leather case clipped to outside of my organizer. Love the phone.
  24. wingdo

wingdo Member

I've had my Droid since the weekend it was released. It originally sat in the leather case you can buy at Verizon but it kept slipping off my belt and after a couple falls onto concrete in the case as well as a fall into a pile of snow on a rainy evening which I didn't discover for about 20 minutes I changed cases to a leather case from AT&T.

It spends about 1/3 of its time in the case, sleep time face down on my night stand charging, a couple hours naked in a coat pocket and the rest sitting naked in various spots (work desk, counter top, cup holder in my car etc). Not one scratch at all. The screen ROCKS.
  25. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

1. Since Crimma 2009.
    2. Always in my pocket. BodyGlove 50% of the time, no screenprotector.

It's fine.