Moto Droid - WiFi connectivity issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. bjzwrld

bjzwrld Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    Well this is the problem I have... I can connect to a friend's network fine & I can even connect to my secured work network consistent and without breakdown in connection. But my POS AIRLINK101 AR325W (I know...CHEAP) will only pass resolution for a moment before dying, like just ABOUT everybody else in this thread (except I don't remember mine lasting anymore than 1 min or 2). I have also tried using a static IP.
    This began from day one (DEC 09) & continues on a DROID replacement. It also continues after rooting of the latest DROID & application of the cyanogenmod.
    I have tried WPA & 2 flavors & WEP on the router. Just won't hold the connection.
    Now this is the kicker...while connected, I can consistently connect through RDP to other devices on my network. So my breakdown comes when trying to surf the "Outside".
    I have gone through the settings on the router and haven't found anything I can see that would prevent it, or anything I could set to alleviate it. ANY IDEAS!?!?!?!!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

This would be a post for the droid support forum. I'll move it there for you.

Welcome.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Is the router in b/g mode or just G? Does it have any sort of Turbo mode?

If b/g make it G only, and if there is a turbo mode disable it.