• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moto e root problem: stuck on warning screen

Helps if I highlight the line. All those N/A's aren't promising...
rsd2.jpg

Upvote 0
It's a 'surnia XT1524' according to the AP Fastboot screen and XT1524 on the box. I've not downloaded firmware 5.1 yet – I imagine we first need to fix the issue of RSDLite not ID'ing my phone?

It seems I needed to unplug the USB before 'AP Fastboot/POWER OFF' worked...

Can we check my setup? In C/Program Files I have 'Minimal ADB and Fastboot' installed. The guy in the XDA video gave this as an alternative to 'Android SDK' (which I don't have). Within the 'Minimal ADB and Fastboot' folder, I have the extracted files from 'mfastboot-v2.zip' and firmware called 'XT1524_RETEUALL_MOTOE2(4G-LTE)_5.0.2_LXI22.50-13_cid7_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip'

I have Motorola USB drivers installed and also 'adb-setup-1.4.3' (described as '15 seconds ABD Installer').
See you later, I hope.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
The 5.02 you have should work.
Looking at your pc screen shot shows normal for Motorola devices connected to RSD Lite with it in fastboot mode.
Try connecting again and click on the box with the 3 horizontal dots next to file and see if you can locate either the Flash XML or Service XML for the firmware you downloaded.
Might have to wait till I get home from work and have access to my PC to walk you through it.

Can also try to manually flash with mfastboot using the commands I posted earlier.

Upvote 0
Damn - failed at first hurdle:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot devices

TA395018X1 fastboot
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot flash bootloader bootl
oader.img
target max-sparse-size: 256MB
sending 'bootloader' (2410 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.080s]
writing 'bootloader'...
(bootloader) Motoboot: Preflash validation for aboot
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.390s

Upvote 0
Still failing:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot devices
TA395018X1 fastboot
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
sending 'partition' (32 KB)...
OKAY [ -0.000s]
writing 'partition'...

FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.350s
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
sending 'bootloader' (2410 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.080s]
writing 'bootloader'...
(bootloader) Motoboot: Preflash validation for aboot
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.380s

Upvote 0
Sorry, I really don't follow that. I ran the command "mfastboot flash partition" then dragged the gpt.bin file into the CMD box. This is what I got:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot flash partition"E:\stock fware 4g lte INC mfastboot\gpt.bin"
unknown partition 'partitionE:\stock fware 4g lte INC mfastboot\gpt.bin'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'partitionE:\stock fware 4g lte INC m
fastboot\gpt.bin'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones