• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto G charge issues

The internet is awash with people unable to charge a depleted Moto G battery - don't worry I am not quite asking how to recharge it.

I have tried the various solutions posted and after finding a 2 amp adapter plus getting to the boot menu I managed to turn on the device AND start it charging. All was well and at the last check it was thirty odd percent charged. I checked again some time later and I was back to the 0% charge screen, this coupled with the fact that issue occurred moments after an all night charge suggests to me there is a broken component or software fault stop the battery charging normally.

I have tried unsuccesfully to charge enough for a factory reset so I suppose I will have to assume a component is broken.

If this is the case is there a way to find out if the fault is with the battery or the phone, ie is it worth me ordering a new battery or a new phone? (I have no warranties or similar to bail me out either).

Cheers in advance for any help.

Well your logic is solid so I have just replaced the battery and the phone has turned on.

Seems to be charging ok so looks like that fixed it, I'll post again soon after giving it an extended charge and go back to using it once more.

One thing I did notice was that the charge bar was blue with the new battery yet I seem to remember it being red before regardless of charge level, perhaps the battery hasn't been healthy for a while?

Cheers for your help Pugs1957

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear this. The phone may not be getting enough charge if it's not the official adaptor but things do seem to be pointing to a hardware problem. If you can find out the exact output from the original charger and compare it to the current one you can determine whether to rule that out.
Sorry I can't be more helpful

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones