• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I don't have it yet, but from the reading that I've done, the Google Play Edition is the global model, so it doesn't have the AWS frequency (1700). If you're in a re-farmed area you will be ok getting the GPE. I personally plan on getting the AWS version from Moto.

I think anyone getting one of the ones without AWS will be fine as HSPA PCS is just about matching AWS HSPA. Then most of the areas now getting HSPA for the 1st time are getting it solely on PCS.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
Please excuse this dumb question, but is this is a Tmobile/gsm HSDPA+ phone? Or not? If not, with these data speeds, it doesn't make a difference.

If I didn't just get laid off at work I'd buy one in a second! The motion is great but the battery is terrible! It has gone dead by the time i get to work, if i listen to streaming music, for example. My girlfriends unlocked att phone has a good signal in our apartment whereas my metro pcs phone has 1 bar, which leads me to believe that gsm can penetrate walls and the hilly georgia terrain better than cdma/lte.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones