MOTO PHONE PORTAL (192.168.xx.x:8080)

1. arunsharma7

arunsharma7 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried MOTO PHONE PORTAL for Atrix?
    Accessing your phone from a browser using (http://192.168.xx.x:8080)?
    Sorry if this is double post but this one is really impressive and new for me as I can SMS from my computer read or edit contacts see battery life, browse through all the folder, wallpaper photo etc..

Advertisement
    :
    balaji likes this.
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

It should work via USB connection as well.
    balaji likes this.
  3. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Yeah, checked it out this morning, pretty neat. I was running something similar on my previous phone (3rd party product).

What's also very cool is running Growl with the Android notification setup, so your phone can generate alerts on your PC (Winders or OSX) for things like calls, SMS, low battery, etc.
    balaji likes this.
  4. arunsharma7

I like the graphical interface
    balaji likes this.
  5. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Well-Known Member

I tried it this morning but for some reason is was extremely slow. I'm guessing it was something to do with my router but I'm not sure. I'm going to mess around with a few settings later and see if I can get it to work.
    balaji likes this.
  6. coreymcl

coreymcl Well-Known Member

I also tried it out and it worked great for me. I hadn't heard about this feature and was pleasantly surpirsed to see it as it could be useful if my laptop dock is not available.

I accessed it via a MAC and did not select to secure it based on the fact I'm at home on my closed WIFI network.
    balaji likes this.
  7. youareme7

youareme7 Well-Known Member

Nvm
    balaji likes this.
  8. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Did you install the required PC USB drivers (and related software)?
    balaji likes this.
  9. arunsharma7

may be you need to have USB debugging on for this..
    balaji likes this.
  10. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Well-Known Member

I was trying it over Wi-fi. I don't have any Windows computers in the house(USB only supported on Windows) so I have to connect via Wi-fi for my Macs or Chrome notebook.
    balaji likes this.
  11. coreymcl

coreymcl Well-Known Member

I was able to open the page on my MAC no problem from Safari via WIFI. I entered http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080 as the message on my phone instructed me too. I can only suggest you try again and double check the address. I have typed IP addresses wrong in the past myself and drove myself crazy trying to figure out why things did not work.
    balaji likes this.
  12. arunsharma7

I think "coreymcl" was able to use it over wifi as well.
    I will try today over wifi and check
    balaji likes this.
  13. AndrewTo

AndrewTo Active Member

too bad it does not include emails, only sms in old fashioned way (non-threaded) isnt really much a great work
    but the idea is excellent
    hoping Moto will consider improving the functionality of Phone Portal to make it worth permanently using
    balaji likes this.
  14. Duffmaster

Duffmaster Well-Known Member

I use it at work once in a blue moon if I am having a great text convo with someone. I definitely wish they would update the texting aspect of it. It has tons of potential already. It would be nice if it auto updated when you got a message, I always have to click on another tab and then go back to my texts. I also wish it would not show all the pictures there, and that I could change the layout of the screen. It would rock if it mimicked the stock texting app.
    balaji likes this.
  15. nnelzen

nnelzen Member

Just had to say that after 2 hours of trying to figure out whats wrong. this post made me take a second look and felt VERY stupid when I was a number off. something you just gotta laugh at.
    balaji likes this.