• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Photon 4g Sprint to **VERIZON**

KJohns

ROM/Application Developer
Dec 1, 2011
Illinois - U.S.
After hours in front of a computer and more time spent with the "mopho" than i would care to admit; i was able to get the device to operate entirely on verizons network with a Verizon sim. Only can get data at this point but no phone/dialer etc. When placing calls it directs to verizon customer service, yet i can browse the internet fine without wifi..... confuzzled, any suggestions?

damn it, was hoping there was help here also. I recently purchased a photon, it's unlocked was trying to figure out how to get it working also on verizon.

The problem is its not as simple to change the CDMA coding for carriers as GSM. GSM just requires you to swap out the sim card and as long as you have the proper radio it will work. CDMA requires all the above mentioned work and a lot of trial and error testing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones