Moto X Camera after updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. imyth

imyth Member This Topic's Starter

After the most recent update to the Motorola Camera app, my ability to switch between the front and rear camera on my Verizon Moto X has disappeared. The icon disappeared. If I clear cache the icon returns, but as soon as you press it, it disappears again and takes a picture? I have wiped the cache partition, uninstalled and re-installed the software several times to no avail. I have read on forums and the app reviews of others experiencing the same thing. Anyone have an answer to solve this problem?

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Yes download the Google Camera from the Play Store, much better and you can adjust picture size also ;)

3. imyth

Already tried that too...still got the same results. Tried another camera app also....same problems. Just got off the phone with Verizon and they are sending a new phone out. I still say it is a software issue though, because I take immaculate care of my phone. It still looks like new after 6 months of ownership.... Thanks for the reply

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Ugh, I can't believe that they don't have you factory reset first anymore when you call to confirm it is a software issue (which I agree with you - it probably is.)

5. imyth

I had already done a factory reset as my last resort before calling them. I told the lady at support I had wiped the cache partition, cleared app cache, uninstalled and re-installed app, re-booted in safe mode, tried several other camera apps, disabled all other apps that might be accessing the camera, and finally did a factory reset....all to no avail. She was very nice and said they would send another phone right out. That was probably the best experience I have ever had thru Verizon...lol!

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It probably is a hardware issue if it acted like that after a factory reset or safe mode. So, you did get good support.

7. imyth

The support lady was excellent...she spoke clear English and immediately said my device should be replaced after I explained everything I tried. No long drawn out turn this on and off, re-boot, etc... After looking thru a history of the Motorola Camera app reviews filtered for the Moto X on Google Play, I do believe this is a hardware issue. All the way back to April people were reporting the same problem I was experiencing. Sadly, it seems the Moto X has a high rate of camera failure...