Moto X vs iPhone 4 (Videos???)

Last Updated:

1. DeltaDude

DeltaDude Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I was just wondering if there are any videos putting these phones head to head in a speed test. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Not yet.

3. MancusoX

MancusoX Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the Motorola Droid X with Froyo vs. the I-Phone 4. It will put the I-Phone 4 to shame.

4. rootedEris

rootedEris Banned

hmmm

when it comes to benchmarks something else will fascinate us a tad more.

and the world turns...

5. DeltaDude

Well the question I have is, is it faster than the iphone 4. the droid incredible is faster than the iphone so with the X's beefed up specs it has to win, right?

6. DeltaDude

jroc likes this.
  7. maverick96

maverick96 Well-Known Member

8. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Yeah but check out the score card, they can the iphone design the winner and they would have either made a draw or win the for the X. I think that should have been a draw because that is personal preference.

9. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link.

The iPhone has a lil bit better gpu. The processor could be called a Hummingbird but its not. It is very similar to the Hummingbird tho. These 2 processors are good, right along with the Hummingbird. The OMAP is still the best tho.... :D But I like this from this review:

Round 8: Web Browsing
    In head-to-head testing, the Droid X beat the iPhone 4 when downloading such popular sites as The New York Times, CNN.com, and ESPN.com by an average of a few seconds. In some cases the iPhone 4 trailed by several seconds. Using the Speedtest.net app on both devices, the iPhone 4 had fast throughput but had much lower lows.

Data rates ranged from a measly 117 Kbps to 1.2 Mbps on downloads to 136 Kbps to 1.6 Mbps uploads. With the Droid X, downloads ranged from 351 to 1.6 Mbps (but mostly stayed in the 500 Kbps range) and uploads from 490 Kbps to 694 Kbps).

In terms of the browsing experience, pinch-to-zoom works more smoothly on the iPhone 4 and its retina display makes text and images look better. However, the Droid X browser fits more text on the display at once (despite the iPhone 4

10. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Also if you look at the display review they say that some will like the bigger screen better, but they prefer the iphone. They gave it a draw, and then gave it as a winner for the iphone in the scorecard.

11. maverick96

maverick96 Well-Known Member

yeah seemed like some iPhone bias in that review... Although I have to give it to Apple, they do make some solid hardware...

12. DeltaDude

It's pretty much a draw, i think they did a pretty good job pointing out strengths and weakness's. The X is definitely more of a multi-tasking power house and they said that in most cases the X had a faster web browser and 3G speeds.

13. DeltaDude

14. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Call Quality and Battery Life

Verizon’s 3G network delivered strong reception when we made a call to the West Coast, and we didn’t experience any dropped calls. Even in places where other carriers would not have a signal, such as in the NYC subway station, we were able to dial out with good clarity on the Droid X.

Verizon estimates that the Droid X should last for 8 hours of talk time and 9.2 days on standby. We were able to get through a full day of making calls, surfing the web, and playing games, and had more than a quarter bar of battery left the next day. We will have an update once our final battery tests are completed.

This is what I like to see......

15. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

IT'S NOT A DRAW!!! COME ON PEOPLE!!! WAKE UP!! THESE DEVICES ARE PHONES PRIMARILY!! CALL QUALITY SHOULD WEIGH MORE HEAVILY THAN ONE POINT!

Think about it. I made a suggestion to that point in the comments. I mean what good is it if my iPhone has all the great features, but I have to continually ask, "can you hear me now?" "Hello? Hello?"

Heh.

jroc likes this.
  16. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

feel better? :D I couldn't agree more

17. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Droid X should have won the battery category considering it has a longer rated talk time, battery is REMOVABLE, and there's an optional ~1900mA battery coming out shortly after release. I guarantee if the situation was reversed they would have given Apple the point!

Seriously they said this category was a draw? That almost ruins the whole review for me. Otherwise I would pretty much agree with their scoring.

If the article had been iPhone 4 vs World Peace, iPhone 4 would have won by a hair. Sorry World Peace, you ain't got s*** on the iPhone! Followed by iPhone 4 vs Cobra Kai sensei John Kreese. I've got my money on Cobra Kai. Bow to your sensei! BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!!

18. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

Some of the things they said were ridiculous:

When talking about maps and GPS integration- "We like that the search box on the iPhone 4 is always present (instead of having to press a search button)"- Wait what, they are both one button press away and on Android it doesn't take screen real estate.

On apps- "Shopping for premium apps is also less of a hassle since most people already have iTunes accounts."- I bet having a Gmail account is just as popular, and you don't have to have a credit card linked to it (which I like)

19. nevergonnauseth

nevergonnauseth Well-Known Member

Just to prove you that that first review was biased

WINNER: iPhone 4
    The Droid X is imposing (mostly in a good way) but we’d much rather carry—and be seen carrying—the sexier and more compact iPhone 4.I stopped taking them seriously after that.

Ya know I'd so rather be seen than be able to hear someone obviously.

20. rootedEris

rootedEris Banned

What else do you expect from the isheep.

"i dont care if my phone doesnt work!!! IT LOOKS SEXY!!"

seriously, how the fack does the iphone win for design. when you cant make calls a certain way, and you still cant replace your own battery. gorilla glass my ass.....

LMFAO. the isheep should all be taken to the slaughterhouse

21. rootedEris

rootedEris Banned

Mad isheep disease.

22. gorenut

gorenut Well-Known Member

I agree.. in the points that count to me, the Droid X wins. I am concerned with call quality first.. and admittedly I'll be browsing the web a lot on it - utlimately.. this is what actually made me decide to sell my Incredible when the X comes out. I underestimated how much I actually browse the web on my phone and realized that having a bigger screen would benefit me (after being on computer all day at work, I'd rather do browsing on my phone while watching Netflix on my TV).

Design-wise, as much as I love the X's industrial, sturdy-looking design (really appreciate it, except physical buttons - lint trap!) - hats off to the iPhone. It looks gorgeous aesthetically. I didn't like how the past iPhones looked, but this one looks stunning... however this phone looks like it needs to be babied. Theres already been early reports of the back glass scratching and if you cover this thing up with a protective case (which I would have done) - really.. all the beauty is pointless.

23. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

Frankly, it was a detailed and well-written review that looked at the pros/cons of each device with much less bias than most reviewers. I found it quite interesting and give the author props. The final tally and "winner" doesn't really matter. What one should do is compare the relative strengths and weaknesses of each phone and then decide what's important to him or her. Just because the author said that iPhone won you suddenly think it's all BS? Doesn't make any sense...just sour grapes.

Personally, I agree with the author that the iPhone design is better and more aesthetically pleasing. To me, though, the #1 criteria of any phone should be call quality (as you all stated above; #2 is battery life, #3 is web browsing for me). That alone makes Droid X the winner for me. But other people have other criteria that's important to them, so they should make their decision based on their priorities. And call quality is largely the result of the Verizon network being better than AT&T, so it's not really iPhone's fault. I wonder what the quality of the iPhone would be like on Verizon...probably much better. In the end, it's obvious that the reviewer holds both phones in high regard and neither is clearly better than the other. Certain categories and subjective and the weighting relative to each criteria is dependent on the particular individual involved. Make your own decision but the review was a good aggregator of key points to compare.

24. tuggy24g

tuggy24g Well-Known Member

This just show that this phone is just as good as the Apple. I know some thing like Apps will always go to apple since they were the first phone to start with apps, but still the droid x still packs a ton of other feature that kill the Iphone. No way should be sad Verizon does not have the Iphone. We should be happy that we get the Droid X

25. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Wow the Droid X fared better than I had expected vs. "God's phone"! I'm so excited :D