• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Xoom for sale -- $650

Rob!

Lurker
Mar 4, 2011
I bought the Xoom from the 25% off deal. I also bought one in person on release date. I didn't do my research, and now I need to get rid of them. The locally purchased one is getting returned, and the web purchased one is for sale. Android does not support Cisco AnyConnect VPN. I need this to remote to my work computer. Without this feature it's a lot less useful to me.

It is new and unused in original box.

So, I am offering it with the motorola gel case in blue (also unopened), for $650 cash for a local sale (seacoast NH region) or $670 shipped. This is an $830 value.

I don't have a reputation on this site, but I can point you to many forums where I have a positive trade rating, and a lot of history selling more expensive items than this, and I will of course give all my contact info so you can verify who I am.

For a quick preview, I am LowWay at talkbass.com. You can see my trader reviews there with some reasonably expensive basses. PM me there and get a response here to see I am really that person.

PM me here with any interest or questions.

No sale yet, but some serious nibbles.

I stuck the photos on the web:

[link removed]

I also included a pic of the shipping label. You can see that it is my work place. If you go to MeasuredProgress.org you will see that the address is consistent with them. Also if you go here:

[link removed]

You can see that I work there.

I'd like to get $650 after all fees and shipping. I think that is a fair price for the Xoom and the Gel Case. I am paypal verified premier member. This is selling for $830, that is a good savings plus no sales tax.

Let me know if you need better photos (they were from my phone, and I am a lousy photographer), or have any other questions.

Upvote 0
I'd like to get $650 after all fees and shipping. I think that is a fair price for the Xoom and the Gel Case. I am paypal verified premier member. This is selling for $830, that is a good savings plus no sales tax.

That is a discount from the full retail at carrier stores, etc. It's just that we're seeing new, unlocked Xooms out there for $450 and $500, plus shipping.

I was going to offer you $600 until I searched around a bit.

Upvote 0
Frisco, I also sent you a PM, like the other guy I would love to know where you are finding the Xoom at such great prices. Let me know please.

Thanks for the PM. See my edit in the above post.

By the way, friends, this thread is started by a member who wants to sell his Xoom for the price he's offering it for. I posted in response as a way to point out that perhaps he can adjust that price, but I'm not here to hijack this thread and make it about other websites. ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Did you search for cheaper Xooms? You can type in, "for sale xoom" in Google or Bing, for example.

They are advertised. "Available?" Go to their sites and make a purchase to see if they're "available." Maybe they're not. Maybe they're sold out.

Buy two, get one free, etc.

Thus my post #5 to you, Rob.

Frisco, I have done multiple searches all to no avail.
Except of course the one link that you posted. (I also found that one)

I contacted them and I am always leary of a seller that requires payment via "Money Gram Internation Transfer" :eek:

My question to you Frisco, What LEGIT ads have you found?

I'm not trying to start anything but I'm sure there would be a ton of us on this site that would love to know so that we can all purchase a Xoom.

Upvote 0
Frisco, I have done multiple searches all to no avail.
Except of course the one link that you posted. (I also found that one)

I contacted them and I am always leary of a seller that requires payment via "Money Gram Internation Transfer" :eek:

My question to you Frisco, What LEGIT ads have you found?

I'm not trying to start anything but I'm sure there would be a ton of us on this site that would love to know so that we can all purchase a Xoom.

We're taking this to a strange, grey area now of making it appear as if we're here to provide links to ads for cheap Xoom tablets. :D

It's funny now, but I remember doing the search and being surprised that anything came up for such a new device.

I search on every single device advertised in Classifieds here, because prices change all the time and before you know it they can be found "two for the price of one," or free with a contract, or whatever.

When I search I do it about three times usually, under slightly modified terms: "xoom sale," "cheap xoom," "order xoom," etc. I just now did it again and there are dozens of links in Google.. please folks, just scroll the links and investigate.. the one I provided was on the first page! If it's not satisfactory, continue your search. ;)

Good on you to contact that company before making a commitment, mched. Taking a look at their parent site, it's a news organ with sections including classifieds. The best thing to do with a site like that is to first contact that site and ask about the criteria for ads/purchases, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones