1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Moto Xprt to Virgin Mobile? Possible??Support

Last Updated:

1. djspade

djspade New Member

Hello guys... I'm at a loss here. I've got a Motorola Xprt (sprint version) on Froyo, free and clear/clean esn that I want to flash for use on Virgin Mobile... I'm an old school cellphone guy who has rooted my current handsets so the terms and ideas aren't over my head. But I can't seem to find any current/relevant information. What tools? Any service providers that are trustworthy (I'd like tools... I think I can handle the job myself)?? Please Help!!!

I just need voice and text to work ... since the phone will almost always have wifi for data... making and receiving calls is the main thing. Thanks again [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

If no one has welcomed you to the forums yet, Djspade, then allow me to do it: WELCOME to the forums! :D

The best way that I can think of is to contact Virgin Mobile and ask them if they can flash the Virgin XPRT image onto your phone. This will certainly involve taking it in to a Virgin location so they can hook it up and re-flash the radio firmware and Virgin OS onto it.

Hope this helps :)
  3. estebond15

estebond15 Member

To use any CDMA phone that is not virgin mobile branded, you will need to have a donor phone.
    Step 1 - Need a virgin mobile account with a virgin mobile donor phone activated (i.e. samsung intercept, lg optimus v)
    Step 2 - The virgin mobile activated phone will be your donor phone. You will need to extract the aaa and ha keys. There are tutorials for doing this (Epic 4G to Virgin Mobile(SMS/MMS/VOICE/3G)*WORKING!* UPDATED:4-23-2012 - xda-developers - check on xda-developers for epic 4g to virgin mobile).

The instructions in xda-developers should help you get there. It's a bit of work to get it working.