1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

MotoDroid is really slowing down

Last Updated:

1. darrenm

darrenm New Member This Topic's Starter

Over the past week the ohone is REALLY slowing down to the point it even lags when sliding screens to the left and right. I use Startup Auditor and Advanced Task Manager to monitor things but I can't find anything out of the ordinary. Battery usage seems to be draining a little faster lately as well and Screen is the biggest user in battery monitor even though I have timout and brightness set low.

I guess I just need advice on any monitoring tools you use or anything that could help really narrow down the usage. Maybe I will look for a cpu usage app.........

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Many of the posts in forums here BLAME Advanced Task Manager for the slowdown. Many people (myself included) found that our Moto Droids are faster when task managers/killers are uninstalled.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member

I like CPU Utilization Plus & Memory Utilization Plus. They're paid, but a free version of each is available. Also SeePU. I choose icon that shows both CPU & memory.

If there were new apps or app updates installed or things disabled via Startup Auditor shortly before the slowdown began, they may be players.