MOTONAV purchase pricingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. GDVS

GDVS Active Member This Topic's Starter

https://motonavmobile.naviextras.com/shop/portal

Register and enter the code from your phone and you get the following purchase information...

Motonav premium activation for Western Europe109.99 € | 99.99 €
    The price includes all applicable taxes.
    Activate your MOTONAV Mobile navigation now to get a lifetime license for your pre-installed navigation software (*). The Premium Activation also includes:

• A map update to allow the user to get the latest maps available for the region (**).
    • Lifetime (*) subscription for Traffic information service for Germany, Italy and United Kingdom. (Traffic service for other Western European countries will become available soon at no extra cost.)
    Notes:
    (*) Lifetime of the application is defined as a period of two years from the moment of the first use of the MOTONAV application.
    (**) The user should refresh maps within 3 months of activation, after which the free map update will not longer be available and a charge for map upgrades will be assessed.

Please note that the Traffic information service requires a wireless internet connection. Please check your mobile data plan for coverage, costs and roaming availability and roaming costs.

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I thought the MotoNav was free right?

3. GDVS

GDVS Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nope, 60 day trial and no details on pricing until today.

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

That sucks........ Let's hope Google Nav comes to everyones country's very shortly.

5. arlissfreire

arlissfreire Member

99....EUROS! My god. These morons are out of their minds.

6. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

I find it quite amusing. I'm on Vodafone UK now and "unlimited Internet" is actually defined to be 500MB of data; now Moto define a "lifetime license" to be 2 years... :p

7. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

Is it possible to remove the motonav software? It's pretty useless one the trial runs out. For the price they are asking you might as well just go and get a satnav!

8. celios

celios Well-Known Member

You have to question the lack of consumer protection that allows them to market things like this.

Anyway you can get Co-pilot live from the Android market for

9. Richdog

Richdog Well-Known Member

If im not mistaken isnt there a way to install US >Google Nav on the Milestone and then have it work in your home EU country? Im sure IO saw a post on it (French guy) but havent seen a guide as yet...

10. naiksantosh

naiksantosh Member

Hi Rich,

I am in US but using Milestone. I have installed Google maps from market and using in USA.

I am not sure about whether we can use it in europe. You should as it is THE Google (The Earth).

Santosh

11. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Do you reckon motorola could follow Nokia's lead and offer moto nav for free?

I wouldn't mind paying the 90 euro for lifetime use - but their definition of "lifetime" is 2 years!! What are they using, goldfish lifetimes!?

12. Antonovich

Antonovich New Member

The difference is that Nokia bought one of the major mapping companies a couple of years ago and can do what they want with the maps, including providing it for free. I don't believe Motorola do their own mapping (like Google only, to date, owns mapping data for the US), so it probably costs them a good proportion of their retail price for Motonav. I remember reading an article a while back about a mapping company (with maps for least Europe, Asia and Africa) entering into an agreement with "a major US company", that would "treble 2010 income projections". The company already supplies Google with maps, and it seemed pretty obvious to the author of the article that the "major US company" was Google, and that would mean they could get mapping data for Europe and Asia. I wouldn't hold your breath though, they are more like to release initially for phones that don't have the motorola motonav option!

13. emilianm

emilianm Active Member

What is the alternative of MOTONAV in Europa on Milestone (with preloaded maps on the SD card) ?

14. arlissfreire

arlissfreire Member

Sygic. Works on Milestone.
    But also paid.

15. emilianm

emilianm Active Member

among the free apps which one is the best ?

Can I find somewhere a comparative table/review with all GPS navigation apps for android ?

16. MarioNico

MarioNico Well-Known Member

You don't need a guide cose it's all there... you become a new Google Maps - Icon plus the app itself... so you will have 2 GMaps on your menu.. one with and one without Navigation. (the one without navi I just ignored it;))

"If you want to get Google Maps Navigation just follow this.

1. Open Market - search SpeechSynthesis Data Installer - install

2. Download maps3.3.1-by-directions-root-2.apk from maps3.3.1-by-directions-no-root-2.apk ... at uploaded.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, ... to your computer

3. Copy maps3.3.1-by-directions-root-2.apk to Milestone SD with USB cable

4. Install it on Milestone ( use any file explorer to open it, I used Astro )" by LEP

17. Jabrnet

Jabrnet Member

This doesn't work on a Telus Milestone from what I can tell... the apk wont open as an apk for some reason.

18. iLiKePaNkAcKeS

iLiKePaNkAcKeS Active Member

Yeah it works fine on Telus Milestone.. even though its out in the market now so i dont know why you would use this.
    Just get the app called appinstaller from the market then drag the apk anywhere from your comp into your phone. then open appinstaller and it'll do the rest.