• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Motorola 1800mAh Extended Battery for ~$25

Not a good idea to use the case without a cover, IMO. You're talking about exposing the guts of your $600 phone. What are you going to do if some dirt gets under the case - or worse, what are you going to do if you get the slightest amount of water under the case (rain or something) and the water goes right into the circuitry rather than being kept out by the battery cover?

Upvote 0
Not a good idea to use the case without a cover, IMO. You're talking about exposing the guts of your $600 phone. What are you going to do if some dirt gets under the case - or worse, what are you going to do if you get the slightest amount of water under the case (rain or something) and the water goes right into the circuitry rather than being kept out by the battery cover?

I've been using mine in my Body Glove rubberized case without the battery cover. If I'm going to near any dirt or rain my phone is in my pocket, sometimes I even throw it in a zip lock back just to be safe.

Upvote 0
I've been using mine in my Body Glove rubberized case without the battery cover. If I'm going to near any dirt or rain my phone is in my pocket, sometimes I even throw it in a zip lock back just to be safe.

Hey, it's your phone. Far be it from me to tell you how to use it... Just making sure the guy takes that into consideration before he runs around with a phone that has a big ol' hole in the back.

We all take calculated risks. If you're okay with that risk, do it... and I run mine with no case at all, so it's not like I'm not running a calculated risk myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones