Motorola Atrix 2 on t-mobile prepaid plan

Last Updated: 2012-10-25 04:44:14
  1. Hillis96

Hillis96 Member

I was wondering if an unlocked Motorola Atrix 2 would work on t-mobiles network if I put in a sim card.

Advertisement
  2. KEB64

KEB64 Active Member

From my understanding it will function on a slower network like 2G, EDGE. The radio in the Atrix is designed for AT&T networks that use a different band. Maybe somebody can explain it in more technical terms. That's my limited understanding. Hope that helps.
  3. KEB64

KEB64 Active Member

Also...you will need an unlock code from AT&T or a retailer that sells the code. I think they sell for about 15 US dollars. I'm just going from memory on all this.
  4. nomex25

nomex25 Member

I have my atrix2 on strait talk. I just bought the sim and added money . Works great fast data. Allways in blue color 4g
  5. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

Thats because you have a strait talk ATT sim card unless you are unlock.
  6. flpneo

flpneo New Member

Wonderful! That is what I'm doing now, does the Atrix2 use a standard or micro Sim card?
  7. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

Atrix2 uses a standard Sim card.
  8. kannanp2000

kannanp2000 New Member

i have tried that and found Atrix2 will not work on Tmobile for 4G data, But i can use the data using 2G speed.

I also tried to use AT&T's 3G data (prepaid) for this phone and found that also will not work.. with tmobile data was atleast working with 2G speed, but with AT&T prepaid the data is not at all working.