Motorola Atrix 2 on t-mobile prepaid plan

Last Updated:

1. Hillis96

Hillis96 Member

I was wondering if an unlocked Motorola Atrix 2 would work on t-mobiles network if I put in a sim card.

2. KEB64

KEB64 Active Member

From my understanding it will function on a slower network like 2G, EDGE. The radio in the Atrix is designed for AT&T networks that use a different band. Maybe somebody can explain it in more technical terms. That's my limited understanding. Hope that helps.
  3. KEB64

KEB64 Active Member will need an unlock code from AT&T or a retailer that sells the code. I think they sell for about 15 US dollars. I'm just going from memory on all this.
  4. nomex25

nomex25 Member

I have my atrix2 on strait talk. I just bought the sim and added money . Works great fast data. Allways in blue color 4g
  5. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

Thats because you have a strait talk ATT sim card unless you are unlock.
  6. flpneo

flpneo New Member

Wonderful! That is what I'm doing now, does the Atrix2 use a standard or micro Sim card?
  7. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

Atrix2 uses a standard Sim card.
  8. kannanp2000

kannanp2000 New Member

i have tried that and found Atrix2 will not work on Tmobile for 4G data, But i can use the data using 2G speed.

I also tried to use AT&T's 3G data (prepaid) for this phone and found that also will not work.. with tmobile data was atleast working with 2G speed, but with AT&T prepaid the data is not at all working.