Motorola Atrix Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. tatiana320

tatiana320 Active Member

Hi wanted to see if anyone has noticed the battery life decreases fast, even though everyone says that its suppose to last long.

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

It may take a few complete charging cycles before the operating time "normalizes".
  3. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Mine seems very, very good so far. I pulled it off with a full charge last night ~8pm, used it quite a bit till about midnight or so, this morning it was showing 70%.
  4. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Well-Known Member

Agreed, I am getting great battery life. I was playing from 1pm until 11pm using wifi/4g/playing 720p videos, etc. before it died. IMO lasted very long.
  5. tatiana320

tatiana320 Active Member

IDK maybe I may have a lemon or just the battery needs to be changed, I unplugged it at seven this morning and and its 10:53am its already at 60% grrr. :(
  6. redrider67

redrider67 Well-Known Member

Getting great battery life out of mine.
  7. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member Contributor

Is anyone "seasoning" their battery? (Running it all but dry from the "out of the box charge" and THEN giving it a full charge)? I have heard this is the best way to get the most out of any rechargeable device.
  8. asuprice

asuprice Well-Known Member

How much have you used it during that time?
  9. tatiana320

tatiana320 Active Member

I was bouncing back an forth using the browser and the android market and that was it. Not even watching any videos as others have said and it has gone down in incraments of ten fast in my opinion. I even changed the battery manager to maximum battery saver and downloaded advance task killer. :(

I was looking back at a post by MacMaiden said this ,

"Ok so I have some time to kill now so here we go (pictures will be posted when I get home) Some of the stuff might be stuff we already know but was news to me to bare with me:

First off,

The battery life is impressive. The rep played 1080p trailers through hmdi out (not the dock, the actual port on the phone) and downloaded apps, showed up a ton of stuff, and after an hour of use the phone was still at full charge which is a good sign. He uses the phone as a personal phone and said he makes it through an entire day of heavy use (he hasnt gotten to low battery yet) (this is also partly because of the laptop dock but we will talk about that in a little bit)
  10. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Please uninstall ATK. You do not need it. Here's a good post with all the links to why task killers aren't needed (unless you have a rouge app): http://androidforums.com/android-applications/214451-task-killer-do-i-need-one.html#post1852258

Really strange about your battery life :( since all of the reviews raved on this.

These are just trouble shooting steps for when you have battery issues:
    1) What apps have you downloaded so far, it might be that you have a 'rouge' app. Look at manage application and show which apps are constantly 'running'. Dial *#*#*4636*#*#* to get more detailed on your battery life and to see what app is active and for how long. Narrow the 'bad app down' and uninstall them. Test to see if your battery's life has improved.
    2) If you are unable to detect what app is at fault, do a factory reset and use the phone with no apps install for a day to see how the battery is. If you have good battery by the end of the day with 'normal' use, then it was a rouge app you downloaded. Uninstall each of your apps one at a time and test each one to see what app is giving you the bad battery life. If your battery life is still bad
    3) Take the phone back to the AT&T store and get a replacement battery. If even with the replacement battery, the phone battery's life is still bad then it might be a stock app.
    4) Take the phone back to AT&T and get a replacement phone.

Hope this helps and that you get this battery issue fix :)

-Roze-

Update: I put the wrong battery/phone info code. I was missing 2 *'s :( Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Karl_Tx, qcom and tatiana320 like this.
  11. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

great battery life for me 100% at 8am used through out today checking email, 5 phone calls, some texting, and internet browsing , market installing apps and playing with them and its 3:36 pm and at 60% its on par with what my Droid X would do:D
  12. Willy Willy

Willy Willy Well-Known Member

Mine is at 30% and its been off charger for 8 hours you may need to turn down the idle time for screen shut off. My phone says 70% was used from screen and I have been on the thing all day.
  13. jessie1290

jessie1290 Active Member

Mine's at 80% after 9 hrs off the charger! (I've made several calls, checked e-mail a few times, been online for 15-20 min, and played Fruit Ninja/Angry Birds for around 30 min.) I did let it run down almost all the way before charging last night and then let it charge to 100%, because like Shalemail said, I've always heard that if you "break it in" like that you'll get the best service from it in the long run.
  14. francodman

francodman Member

my phone has great battery life w/o wi-fi. And i don't know if this is a feature for all android phones, but my phone let me know google voice was running and using battery and gave me the option to kill it.
    Nighthawk likes this.
  15. mildred

mildred New Member

Off the charger at 7a, dead by 3. A few calls, some browsing, some wifi but overall not a ton of use . . . like the phone, but not happy with the battery life. Coming of a Blackberry Torch it is not impressive so far. Will disable a few things and look for rogue apps, but suspect maybe the battery is bad.
    revo2001 likes this.
  16. francodman

francodman Member

Hmm that's weird! Maybe your battery is fubar'd. I took mine off the charger @ 9am and was using wi-fi up until 1, few social networking apps running and my battery is @ 30%
  17. Drago13

Drago13 Member

Off the charger at 6am and still showing 30% at 940pm. Used it for 15 calls, light web browsing, handful of market downloads, about 15 emails, 30 minutes of maps and played games for about 45 minutes.
  18. tatiana320

tatiana320 Active Member

Wow now that's crazy. That's the kind of battery life I'm looking for.:(
    I honestly think their's something going on internally with our phones it can't be the battery alone. Who knows, I think I'm just gonna go to the store tomorrow an tell them to give me a new one because it gets to hot and go's from 100% to 90 in like a half hour. Not good.
  19. francodman

francodman Member

My battery just crapped out due to extensive words with friends ownage ;)
  20. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

This. My VZN iPhone 4 would only last like 5 hours when I just got it, but after 2 weeks I was getting 24+ hours of battery life!
  21. davenharty

davenharty New Member

im experiencing same problem:( im going to give it a couple days andvsee where im at, but i have had to recharge 2x a day. left charger at 430 pm then @15% by 11. and mine also gets hot too:mad:
  22. BAtt life sucks 3pm and ehre it is 10:30 and its at 20%
  23. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

They get hot. It's normal. Not as bad as my Captivate though.
  24. wit83

wit83 New Member

I will have to try this. I downloaded a few apps but nothing that I think would cause these problems. I bought the phone last night and used it for a while then left it alone on the charger until it was fully charged. I unplugged it before I went to bed and set an alarm. The screen was off all night and then when I woke up this morning to the alarm, the phone was DEAD :( I am pretty confused by this.
  25. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

This is my 6th smartphone...all of which have had backup OEM and/or extended 3rd party batteries, and this has always been my experience.