1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Motorola Atrix Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. nowise

nowise Member

I had this problem last night, almost made me late for work. I was using nighttime battery saver mode too.

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Ah damn. Something is definitely draining your battery. Idle time on the phone at night should drain the battery no more than 15%. Only thing I can think of is something was running in the background all night or you have your apps to constantly synching? You might want to do the dial in *#*#4636#*#*. The info in there is very detailed and helpful if you have time to look through everything. I believe there's an option to check battery usage since last restarted since usage. Battery usage since last unplug is useless if your phone dies. If you want to do a test, after you charge your battery 100% at night, restart your phone and see what happen when you wake up. I think this is a great way to find what apps have been running since there's no human variable that is affecting the battery usage.
  3. tatiana320

tatiana320 Active Member

Thanks for the help, have done all on your list but I think I am going to
    swap for a new atrix. Hopefully this one will work
  4. anemoneman

anemoneman Member

If you leave the phone charging overnight, will that be detrimental, or does the phone stop charging once it is fully charged?
  5. phatskipper

phatskipper Member

I am also having problems with the battery. It seems like it discharges VERY fast. If I keep it plugged in while using it, it doesn't seem to charge very fast at all. Yesterday, I was playing some games on it... but had it plugged in... and it didn't really charge at all.

Not real happy about the battery life.

Even this morning. I had a full charge at 8am... looked at two emails, sent a text, downloaded one app. 90% already in under 45 min.

Is it possible it is a problem with poor reception and it is going from edge --> 3G --> H+ ?
  6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Most definately, as more power is used by the radios to maintain connection.

My fully charged Droid drained at my mom's house in 4 hours, an area where it struggled to maintain "1 bar", where it would typically last 24+ hours of "my normal use".
  7. Willy Willy

Willy Willy Well-Known Member

#*#*4636*#*# diesbt work it says no network
  8. MosIncredible

MosIncredible Well-Known Member

The battery only reads in 10% increments btw so while you are seeing 90%, it is actually more.
  9. EZMorris31

EZMorris31 Member

Took the phone off the charger at 7:15am with medium to heavy use all morning including straming radio for last 4 hrs. I am currently showing 70%....Very impressed with the battery so far.
  10. Willy Willy

Yeah whats a good battery widget our app this 10% thing sucks
  11. zizo79

zizo79 Well-Known Member

Not sure this was discussed but my battery seems to get hot when I am on my phone for more than 20 minutes. Anyone has this issue?
  12. Willy Willy

Yes every one has had this problem
  13. monsteroyd

monsteroyd Member

#*#*4636*#*# - gives 'No Network Connection'

What am I doing wrong.

]Monty[
  14. aeiou

aeiou Well-Known Member

Battery life on android phones just suck. Its that plain and simple. Of course the fan boys will come in here and talk about how they get great battery life and charged all day and browsed and played videos and still have 40% power after 8 hours. The reality is thats just not the case. You can turn the phone off and cut it back on when you need to use it, if you want great battery life. I've accepted how terrible battery life is on these phones so to me it doesnt even matter any more. I know that i will be at 100% when i leave out the house. By noon, i better start charging or just let it die by 3.
  15. Erick161

Erick161 Active Member

Hope this is the case. Ive owned nothing but Iphones since they came out, soo, never had a phone w/ a removable battery or anything like that.
  16. monsteroyd

monsteroyd Member

No but it does give an non-modulus 10 battery level. Mine said (in a meeting right at a quiet spot) 'Battery level 25%'. :) But nothing beyond that.

]Monty[
  17. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

If the phone can't make it through a "day" (YMMV) after completely draining/charging 5-6 times, I'd look at getting a replacement, or "backup" battery. It could always be a case of a weak battery. In either case, I keep a spare in a small zipper pouch, on my key-chain, that used to house an old USB drive.
  18. nowise

nowise Member

Went from 100% charge to 60% in about two hours. Made about 5 text messages, a 5 minute phone call, downloaded an app, played around with some settings. Something isn't right here. Going for a factory reset now.
  19. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member Contributor

I got mine last night at 5, ran the "out of the box" charge down setting up my contacts and reinstalling ALL my apps, (appbrain rules BTW) then charged all night, I am on 70% battery and have been since about noon. (it's just after 3pm here now) LOVE it, my defy would be at 40% or below by this time of day so I think the larger battery and longer life are indeed the case with this phone.
  20. arunsharma7

arunsharma7 Well-Known Member

when I dial #*#*4636*#*# I get message "Network Message Not Available"
  21. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Seems like this feature isn't in the Atrix :( See post #41
  22. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

light use all day and down to 60% spare parts says the phone has not been asleep the whole time. 8h 13m 46s without sleep 100%
  23. diet

diet Well-Known Member

Like somebody stated already be patient. It takes the phone a couple of cycle charges to really work at optimum level. Give it maybe 3 days and you should see battery life to be much better. Same thing with my HTC inspire. Went from barely making it through the day to about 2 days.
  24. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

Actually I thought you did it this way *#*#4636#*#*
    at least that one works on my two HTC, inspire and aria! :D
    Roze likes this.
  25. yggl

yggl New Member

Happened exactly to my Atrix last night. Was fully charged before going to sleep. When I waked up only 10% battery left.

Did a day of research and experiment today and found out the root cause. Yours may differ.

What have kept my Atrix busy, non-sleeping, hot, and battery hungry are several "mkv" movie files I copied to phone storage last night. My theory is: Atrix's (or Android's) media process doesn't know how to decode "mkv" movies. But it keeps (or is asked by other app to keep) trying and trying and trying. After I removed these movie files, my Atrix finally sleeps properly and battery drain problem solved. Not sure it's Moto to blame or Google.