Motorola Atrix Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. yggl

yggl New Member

You are right. Confirm it worked with my Atrix.

2. citizenpaul

citizenpaul Member

2 days with phone has been like 2 different batteries. I think it was the weatherchannel app killing the battery. I didn't have it installed yesterday and went 15+ hours of moderate use and was down to 20% when I plugged it in. Today with weatherchannel app running I was down to 10% in 10 hours. This needs more testing but I've uninstalled the app and am going to see if tomorrow is better. Also, according to the battery manager it said the weather channel app was responsible for over 70% of my battery usage. Can that be right?
  3. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

>_< fudge and a cripple bee *goes fix her posts* :/ I was pretty close >_>;;; This is what happens when I haven't been using an Android phone for a couple of months. I do hope those that dial the wrong codes into their Atrix see pinbak's post and sorry :'(

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

not sure if anyone can help me, but it only shows how long an app has run and not how much battery it has used up. also it says phone running (not sleep) 100%
  6. nowise

nowise Member

After the factory wipe my battery is performing exponentially better. 11 hours since unplugged and only down 50% (granted some was overnight).
  7. tatiana320

tatiana320 Active Member

Yeah I have noticed since I have done that it has improved a bit.
  8. rthomas10

rthomas10 Active Member

I'd like to try. How do you do a factory reset?
  9. asuprice

asuprice Well-Known Member

Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset
  10. Eggrollz

Eggrollz Member

Factory reset do you lose everything? Apps, contacts, etc..
  11. MattBee

MattBee Well-Known Member

Yes you will loose everything! Hopefully you have all your contacts, mail apps ect.........backed-up (Google Is Amazing), and it will be a quick reinstall, and everything will migrate right in quickly!
  12. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

You contacts, calander and emails are backed up to your gmail account. Your apps are backed up too. SMS is not backed up so if you want your SMS you'd need an app like SMS backup and restore. I would suggest you back up your app just in case. There are a number of apps that can do this, if you already have an app that does it, install the app and restore the apps afterwards. If you use the appbrain app, remember to create a folder with all of the apps as when appbrain syncs with your factory resetted phone, all of the apps in appbrain will be erased if they aren't saved in a folder. That's all I can think of from the top of my head, somone else might have other input.
  13. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

It could be right. Is there an option in the app to set update intervals, like 2 hours, 4 hours, etc?

I know last year the weatherbug app was a known battery eater.
  14. lazybones18

lazybones18 Member

If i keep my battery on charge 8 hours during work and 6 hours during sleep. Does it effect the battery life ?
  15. kgeissler

kgeissler Well-Known Member

I unplugged my phone at 7am this morning. Now, after 6 hours and 47 minutes, I am at 50%. I only have 4 things that have been using the battery:

Phone idle - 42%
    Display - 40%
    Cell Standby - 17%
    Voice calls - 2%

Why is my battery draining so fast?

Also, for those with poor battery life, are you running Motoblur or a custom launcher like Launcher Pro?
  16. MosIncredible

MosIncredible Well-Known Member

That sucks. I unplugged around the same time and I'm at 80% still. Even played some Angry Birds, made phone calls and on the internet now. How's your signal?
  17. citizenpaul

citizenpaul Member

Followup to yesterday. Without the weatherchannel app I'm showing 80% still and it's been unplugged for 8 hours so far. This time yesterday I was almost dead.
  18. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Active Member

Mine is doing alright. I didn't get to play around with it too much the first day I got it (Tuesday), but yesterday I played with it practically nonstop and got about 10 hours out of it. It seems though that my old HTC Aria got better battery life though I remember the battery life was absolutely horrible when I first got it and it became better over time. I'm hoping the battery will get better for my Atrix, though it certainly isn't bad.
  19. kgeissler

It is currently between -83 dBm and -95 dBm.
  20. MosIncredible

I float around -80 and -83 all day. I have my screen at 0 brightness (I'm indoors all day) and I'm on the max battery saver setting. You may also have some background process beating your battery down. I listen to mp3s all day.
  21. kgeissler

For the people that are getting good battery life....

1) Are you rooted?
    2) Are you using Motoblur or another launcher?
  22. DT

DT Well-Known Member

I appear to be getting good battery life.

1) rooted
    2) LP Plus

Also running on WiFi, a few background apps/services, etc.

I just let it deplete to _shutdown_. I'm going to charge and use it heavily tomorrow and see how it goes.
  23. MosIncredible

I let mine do that last night and unplugged this morning at 7:10am. Today, I downloaded winamp, played mp3s from 8:30 to 4:30 at work, about 15 minutes of angry birds, 10 mins of web browsing, 1 minute YouTube video, recorded a 30 sec video, 3 one minute calls, and 30 text and I'm at 60% right now at 5:33pm. No root and no launchers.
  24. k00ey

k00ey Well-Known Member

So far, its been pretty good battery life. Fully charged it yesterday right before bed, then took it off before going to sleep.
    It's currently been 14h 55ms and I'm at 50% battery life with medium/moderate usage today.

I wouldn't say its amazing but any means but far from being horrible also
  25. redrider67

redrider67 Well-Known Member

Unplugged my Atrix at 6:30 this morning, 3 business calls lot of text messages sent, browsing the marketplace and using the Dolphin browser with my brightness set to max. Very impressed so far with the battery.

Connected to wifi to.

At 3:00 I was showing 30% left.

Lot better than my Iphone 3GS which would drain my battery by 11:00 after taking it off the charger at 6:30.

Still use motoblur and my Atrix is not rooted.