1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Motorola Atrix keeps shutting down

1. mobokeeg

mobokeeg New Member

Unfortunately I'm having a few troubles with my Atrix 4G. Part of my screen became unresponsive last week, but I ordered a new digitizer that I will replace to attempt to fix the problem.

My main problem now is that the Atrix keeps shutting down and I need to manually turn it back on.

Details:

-Happens much more often when the battery is full (after half drained it stops shutting down).
    -It shuts down during reboot (or a few seconds after the loading screen is done), which then I need to turn it back on. This cycle can last for 3 or 4 reboots until it stays on.
    -It was rooted a while back, but I haven't since I've done a factory reset to try and fix the problem.

So, is there a way I can fix it by rooting it (I definitely am out of the warranty period) and using some sort of "boot fixer"?

I really don't know much about rooting and such, but I do learn quickly and am pretty tech savvy, so a bit of instruction and I should be on my way.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement