• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Backflip : Facing problems using Android Keyboard, Dialer and System update

j.gohel

Lurker
Aug 23, 2010
Hi,

My Motorola Backflip is just 2 days old.
I am facing some issues regarding Android Keyboard and Dialer applications and the Update of the system.

Android keyboard :- application functions improperly on an intermittent basis.When I want to compose a message and I open the keyboard for typing the typed characters are recognized (I can see them popping up) nut in the input box nothing gets typed.

Dialer application - When I want to place a call and hit the Green Call button in left of Home button I face following issues
1) the application takes a few second to appear
2) when I double-click or press and hold the contact to call the desired number the call does not initiate.

Finally I had to restart my phone.In two days this has happened so many times.

Also I tried checking for updates may times.But it said "the device is unable to connect to the server.Try again later."
There are no issues with my Wireless network.I ran Marketplace application and signed into my Google account successfully.

P.S.:
Firmware version: 1.5
Kernel version: 2.6.27
Build number: R6380CP1_029.00.02

Would appreciate any help/suggestions provided to guide me regarding fixing the problems I am facing.

Thanks,
Jignesh

Hi Jignesh,

I bought the Backflip a couple of days ago too. I checked and my firmware version, build, and kernel number are the same as yours.
Although I'm not facing any issues with the keypad or dialer, my phone also gives the "Unable to connect to server" error when I check for updates. BTW are MotoBlur and MotoNav working on your phone? Both of these are not working on my phone and I'm trying (so far unsuccessfully) to get Motorola to resolve the issue. Do let me know if you successfully manage to check for updates.

Regards,
Vijay

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones