• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Backflip--JUST ANNOUNCED

dmobile5

Jan 2, 2010
The Backflip was just announced today @ CES...Runs MOTOBLUR 5.0 megapixel camera Wifi and of course the keyboard comes out from the back..Sanjay wouldnt say the carrier but says 1st Q...and hearing the rumors this is porbably heading for At&T

...it's gonna be either the Motorola BackFire, or BackFart, because either way, it STINKS!

<Yawn>

528mHz MSM7201a
256M RAM
3.1" 320x480 64k color display (really? everyone else going bigger, and Moto...)
Android 1-point-freaking-five, and MotoBlehhhh

I swear, I think someone cloned an android cookie-cutter...
Is it me? Or are all android phones practically the same? Except for that designer-was-on-crack-withdrawal keyboard...

Moto? Seriously?
36 hours ago, Google released a 1gHz, 512M RAM, 802.11n, 3.7" AMOLED 854x480 monster, and you send us this?

Google and HTC flat-out drop an Android Ferrari, and you squat on the toilet and squeezed THIS thing out?

A freaking Pinto?

C'MON MAN!!!

Geez - no WONDER you morons are broke - at this rate, they're just accelerating the process!!!

Go ahead and flush it - noone wants that stepchild.

Can't believe their staff had the grit to present it - I, myself, would've been totally embarrassed... Musta' been an interesting time about 5:30PM MST:

... Conversation at CES...
MotoEmp1: I am NOT presenting it - YOU present it
MotoEmp2: Oh HELL no - I did not CREATE that thing - YOU approved it, YOU show it
MotoEmp1: But... the idea looked good on PAPER
MotoEmp2: THAT THING is why we ALL have paper shredders - YOU show it
MotoEmp1: I ain't showing it - YOU show it I am your boss
MotoEmp2: Oh HELL no - I just got transferred to the OPhone group this morning - This is YOUR baby - bring it into the world!
MotoEmp2: <sigh>

Ladies and gentlemen...introducing...

The MOTOROLA BACKFIRE

B2C_Motus_L_video_clock_alt_US-EN.png

The absolutely most STUPIDEST idea that a handset manufacturer has ever dreamed up!

Good luck with that, AT&T and Motorola!

T

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones