• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Motorola Bravo root help

Hi I have a Motorola Bravo and it's running Android 2.2.1. Anyway, I know the phone supports the 2.3 and I've been trying to root the phone so I can install the 2.3 ROM, but I'm having problems with ABD, which, when installed requires the Java SE Development kit (JDK) bundle which I installed. However, when I run ABD it will not allow me to continue to the next screen b/c it's saying it's not detecting that the Java Development bundle was installed. Any ideas on how to fix this issue or does anyone know of a better way to root my Bravo? Thanks for the help in advance.

Search online for SuperOneClick. I believe the latest version is 1.9.5, but I may be mistaken.

There is a thread on the XDA-developer forum that should pop up including instructions on how to use it.

Make sure that when using the program, in the selection box for the type of rooting to use you select psneuter, the other option is rageagainstthecage or something like that which does not seem to work for the Bravo on 2.2.

But, from everything I've heard, there is not actually a 2.3 rom yet for the Motorola Bravo.

What you found may be for the HTC Bravo (which is a completely different phone), the Moto Defy (Which probably won't work), or a file that will potentially harm your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones