1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Motorola Cliq 2 is same as??General

1. santito007

santito007 New Member

Hey guys!

Okay I just have a pretty simple question I guess, the Motorola Cliq 2 could be compared to what other moto phone?

I'm asking because when I install Rom Manager in order to have ClockworkMod Recovery i need to choose from the following phones:

Motorola Defy
    Motorola Milestone
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid X 2nd init
    Motorola Droid 2

Which one should I choose??

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. tattedman

tattedman Well-Known Member

Its the defy but the problem is it doesnt work you have to go to the all thing rooted section and install the custom recovery and as of now the first custom rom is done we are just working on flashing it to the phone as clockwork dont work to flash custom roms.... We get stuck sofar everyway we try
  3. santito007

santito007 New Member

Ohh alright so for now I can't install anything until they are able to get the custom rom flashed and stuff?

What's the point of getting a new kernel and like roms?

Thanks for the answer!
  4. tattedman

tattedman Well-Known Member

Well custom kernals will allow us to overclock the phone. Custom roms would allow us different software.... the rom im working on still has motoblur (which is horrible) but it has been deoxed which will speed up the phone some one I am able to get it flashed I am going to start working on removing moto blur and work on custom kernals
  5. dlamber7

dlamber7 Well-Known Member

Well, actually, none of those phones are the same as the Cliq 2. The D2/DX have the same chipset, but a different partition mapping. The Defy has a different chipset as well as different partition mapping.