Motorola Cliq is getting 2.1, Hope Behold II is next!

Last Updated:

1. dcam1075

dcam1075 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday Motorola officially announced that the Cliq will be getting an update to 2.1. They did not give a firm date, but I am hoping this will at least push Samsung to make an official announcement. I am willing to wait a little bit longer for 2.1 versus 2.0 but hopefully it will be within the next month or so.

Advertisement
  2. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

If you follow the top sticky post, it may be unofficially coming sooner.

3. dcam1075

dcam1075 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think that is going to take awhile too unless they release a 2.0/2.1 update for the Galaxy first. I don't think anyone is going to seriously take the time to port over 2.0/2.1 from scratch to the BHII. That would be a major undertaking.

4. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Never underestimate the determination of a geek. Though once the official update shows up, I think we'll see an explosion of modding since they can pick the update apart like they did when the psp came out.

5. boostedscooby

boostedscooby Well-Known Member

I'M patiently waiting also. if t mobile wants to step up and become a better carrier . They need to push 2.0 on all their android phones soon . They need to improve on their customer service and finally they need to advertise more android phone like other carries do. Not just the mytouch .

6. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member

I just spoke with Samsung. No official announcement. No leaks. No dice. Dang!

"There is no announcement of an update because this is a new phone from Samsung. Please check our website or watch for T-mobile to release an OTA update" Now there's late-breaking news for ya :rolleyes:

I filed a request for an update. I hope that they listen to the recording. Because I spilled the beans about Motorola announcing 2.1, while we sit here abandoned with 1.5 - Perhaps professional jealousy will take hold and Samsung and T-mobile will be embarrassed into releasing the update.

One can only hope

7. derrickps3

derrickps3 Well-Known Member

the wait will be worth it. i won this phone so i can wait. now if i purchased this phone it wouldve been a different story :)

8. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

That's such BS! "It's a new phone."

Sprint announced that Samsung's other "new" phone was getting an upgrade:

Twitter / sprint: Happy to announce Android ...

I would much rather a statement saying we're hoping for a Q1 release, and that get bumped with something like "we are having problems with our camera software, we're 1 month behind."

9. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Tmobile couldn't be the hold up there is no reason for them to it's samsung. You gotta ask the right questions. They aren't going to give a direct answer otherwise I am sure we would have the information on it. So you gotta talk around it. Ask them questions that lead to the answer because they know when they are getting a 2.0 variant.

I just can't wait for this.

10. psychoace

psychoace Well-Known Member

Yes T-Mobile can be the hold up since they are the one's sending the update OTA. That means if they want to wait until everyone has there 2.1 update finished so they can release it all at one time then that's what they will do.

Also this is scary. Mytouch 3G and HTC Magic Getting Android 2.1 (NOT A HOAX OR A RUMOR) - xda-developers . That's a base rom and they are talking about March or April.

11. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

How so? what would be the incentive? I would believe that it would be samsung for incorporation of their touchwiz interface and what not. Also I heard we are supposed to get it mid jan - feb. At least that is what is going around on the behold 2 forum at tmobile.

12. psychoace

psychoace Well-Known Member

It will alleviate customer service woo's. If one Android device receives the new 2.1 update and the one's that are still stuck on 1.6 or 1.5 will feel unappreciated and left behind. Also you can treat it as a single update like "2.1 gets released today" which helps the confused people who don't really understand what a smartphone is can then understand the upgrade. Instead of hearing "Hey I tried downloading that app that you have and it says I don't have the right version" you will hear "sweet that app was cool"