Motorola CLIQ without data plan...

Last Updated:

1. rikki

rikki New Member This Topic's Starter

Well i just bought a cliq retail price and will be arriving next week and i am not getting th data plan because everywhere i go theres wifi and dont see the need to get a data plan has someone have the cliq without the data plan? if so how is it? do mms work? thank you for reading & replying :)

Advertisement
  2. toydawg

toydawg Well-Known Member

Yes, the phone will work fine without a data plan. Just make sure you have a wireless internet connection upon setup. Your SMS messaging will work fine as long as you have a regular phone plan with your SIM placed in the phone. I use it exactly this way on my Cliq. Fortunately with the new family plans, the data prices are great for the unlimited package.

3. humberto103

humberto103 New Member

Well then I missing somthing because I do not receive mms :(

4. garybeck

garybeck Well-Known Member

i am thinking about getting this phone too, for using with no data plan. are you folks able to get / send MMS messages?

i'm also wondering about the GPS. does it work independently without any data connection? I know Google Maps requries data connection or wifi, but I would like to install TomTom or Garmin mobile that works without a data connection. Anyone done that?

thanks!

5. giaps2

giaps2 New Member

With this phone and no data plan, can you buy apps (like angry birds) when connected to WiFi and use them while not on WiFi?

6. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

Yes you can, as long as the app doesnt need internet access(like a face book app)

7. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

You should mms is sent over the network like it would on an old razr