• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Cliq XT and MotoBlur

AndyP79

Lurker
Jul 31, 2010
Hi Ya'll,
I just got a Motorola Cliq XT. It's nice. But, as I am looking around, it seems that it has some sort of "special" interface called motoblur. I use Ubuntu 10.04 on my laptop and want to try to make everything connect nicely. I HATE that it connects ALL my facebook contacts. I just want my regular contacts and it would be nice to attach those people faceboook, but not a necessity. I am curious, I saw there is an update(?) called Froyo. Is it possible to take my phone and update it to a completely stock Android system. I don't like that the stupid manufacture has layered their own crap on it. That way then I can work solely with added items from the market place and stock Android widgets instead of all this other stuff. I would also like to sync with Thunderbird and Banshe, though it seems to be just fine with connecting a a USB to Banshee and I can drag and drop songs. Anyone out there feeling like I am and finding anything along what I am rambling about? My last phone was a flip phone about 4 year old with no internet capabilities, and I am trying to stay up to date and use the technology, but it is kicking my butt at the moment.........
Thanks Ya'll

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones