• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola confirms 4.4.3 for all carriers!

Take this for what you wish, but I had a chat with a moto rep on the help app on the moto x. This is the conversation we had, less the names and email.

Chat Transcript
06/17/2014 10:53 AM
[10:47:36 AM] Hi, my name is **Redacted**. How may I help you?
[10:48:17 AM] **Redacted**: Hi, quick question. I have the sprint variant moto x. Is there a 4.4.3 upgrade in the works like the T-Mobile variant?
[10:49:31 AM] **Redacted**: Hi **Redacted**, yes all customer will receive the 4.4.3 upgrade regardless of the carrier
[10:49:51 AM] **Redacted**: Can you please confirm me your email address **Redacted**? Just in case I need to send you some information
[10:50:12 AM] **Redacted**: ***@gmail.com
[10:50:43 AM] **Redacted**: Thank you so much **Redacted**
[10:50:49 AM] **Redacted**: My pleasure.
[10:51:09 AM] **Redacted**: And you should receive the upgrade shortly **Redacted**
[10:53:14 AM] **Redacted**: Is there something else that I can do for you **Redacted**?
[10:53:33 AM] **Redacted**: No, that's it. I greatly appreciate your help today.
[10:53:39 AM] **Redacted**: You are welcome **Redacted**
[10:53:46 AM] **Redacted**: Contact us back anytime!
[10:53:48 AM] **Redacted**: Have a fantastic day.
[10:53:57 AM] '**Redacted**' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

[---001:001580:23489---]

Reactions: doogald and DonB
That conversation leads to me to believe he was saying for all Sprint customers. But I'm sure others will get it also.
Let's hope they improve the %@# dialer!

The rep said for all customers regardless of carrier. To be honest, I'm a little surprised that people doubted that Motorola was going to push updates for all Moto X phones. It seems clear since the phone was released, and since the G and E were released, that Moto will be aggressive about updating these phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones