Motorola Devour Activation BypassTips

1. mmaibl2011

mmaibl2011 New Member

Hey all,

I couldnt find this on the internet so either it isnt there or im an idiot and couldnt find it. Either way I have figured out how to bypass the motorola devour activation screen.

All you need to do is start it up fresh (if its already on power down and power back up), and right when you get to the choose a language screen open up the keyboard and press the following:

Fn, E, Fn, E, B, L, U, R, O, F, F.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement
    :
    kangy, Allenlim, TheRealWinks and 9 others like this.
  2. chaddesch

chaddesch New Member

is there a way to get the wifi to work while it's still not activated?
  3. turbidDwarf

turbidDwarf New Member

Anyway to get Motoblur back on?
  4. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

I activated mine using my home wifi.
  5. verizon_droid_guy

verizon_droid_guy New Member

No you didn't. You cannot do an OTA (over-the-air) activation using a wifi connection as the phone is not connecting with the cellular network and therefore is not getting registered with the cellular network.
  6. jradicle11

I did the registering MOTOBLUR over wifi. The actual activation of the phone was all automated.
  7. Has anyone tried this on a backflip?? Is there anyway we could make a motoblur section on the forum??
  8. Shawn.Pink

Shawn.Pink Member

is there anyway to turn the blur interface back on other than a factory reset?
  9. jradicle11

What do you mean back on, like the "happenings" and all that?
  10. Shawn.Pink

Shawn.Pink Member

Do you have to factory reset to get it back to the select language screen?
  11. jradicle11

To change the language, go to settings > language & text > select language. You can only pick between english and spanish.
  12. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

Factory Reset is needed to get Blur back on.

Had that issue today when I sold one. Showed them the menu and settings to get past the Blur, had to reset it.
  13. phirefaux

phirefaux Well-Known Member

wow thanks for that bypass, i reset my wifes phone and was bummed that i couldnt use the wifi
  14. psiu

psiu Member

If the phone is active on an account and you do a factory reset and disable motoblur you certainly can use wifi, make calls etc. It's basically just stock 1.6 at that point. I just did that the other day to see what would happen.
  15. margaretc

margaretc Member

On what kind of account, a Verizon acct or a Motoblur acct? I can't get wifi turned on at all. :confused:
  16. psiu

psiu Member

Sorry, should have been more clear. Activated on Verizon. What I don't know is whether or not it would still work if you took it off the account as a sweet little wifi PDA type thing.
  17. margaretc

margaretc Member

Yeah, that's what I want, a sweet little wifi PDA. I'll get there, I have faith in the community.
  18. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

Since this is my first Android device, I do have to ask:

If there is a big difference with it off ?

Advantages?

Lose all Blur contacts correct?

Is it still loaded in background?
  19. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

Nevermind.. Have a replacement coming anyway... Checking it out Blur-less...
  20. SamV

SamV New Member

I can't thank you enough for providing that trick to bypass the activation screen. I was nearly going to add a line just so I could develop on the device.

Thanks again.
  21. jeffreyjicha

jeffreyjicha New Member

is there a way to get blur back on? my friend rooted it and managed to delete motoblur. its not activated, and i did a factory reset, and that did nothing
  22. echaru

echaru New Member

I bypassed the Verizon activation but everytime I restart the phone, it erased everything.
    Is there a way to completely remove the activation thing? I am willing to root, but does rooting removing activation?
  23. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Thanks!
  24. boxecutioner

boxecutioner New Member

I'm having the very same issue.
  25. boxecutioner

boxecutioner New Member

I'm having this very same issue.