Motorola DEVOURGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ARandMoney

ARandMoney New Member This Topic's Starter

Any word on the DEVOUR. I hear its the Droid 2 basically but smaller. it looks nice.

Advertisement
  2. Shawn.Pink

Shawn.Pink Member

Saying it's the droid 2 is not really fitting. It is running Android (1.6 for some damn reason) and had a full keyboard. There is no led Flash on the cam but the keyboard feels much stronger and is easier to type on, although the keys do feel a but "mushy". That being said though, it is a lot more comfortable to type on. Now everyone keeps saying this is built for kids because of motoblur. Motoblur is for social networking, which I do a lot at 27. The physical aspects of the phone are no where near childish and the phone physically is built better than the droid. My droid slider was weak and starting to go off center after a week of use, no problem with the devour so far. Now if we could just get some custom roms rolling out, this thing would surpass the droid!

3. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

There are quite a few threads similar to this one. But, I guess I'll cover whatever Shawn didn't.

It's running 1.6 because so far, it's the newest version of android that is compatible with MOTOBLUR. The keyboard is definitely better, without a doubt. The slide is one of the best I've ever used. It's not built for kids but is for a younger demographic just because of all of the social networking. MOTOBLUR has other aspects than social networking though. If your Devour breaks and you get another MOTOBLUR equipped phone, all you do is sign in with your MOTOBLUR account and it will load all of your contacts. That's a life(time)saver if you ask me. Not much has been done about rooting it. Though the phone may seem like the Droid, the root process most likely isn't very similar to it because of the MOTOBLUR platform. I honestly like the Droid better. The ability to root and the size of the screen really appeals to me. The keyboard is a definite drawback, though.

4. bchelle

bchelle New Member

I've had my devour about a week and I love it. The only drawback I've found is the camera. There's no flash and it's only a 3 mp (the droid has a 5.) I prefer this phone over the droid because of all the social networking capabilities (i'm almost 30 and am addicted to facebook to keep up with all my cross country friends and family.) also, the keyboard and touchpad far surpass the droid in my opinion. I love the 5 completely customizable home screens, and how easy everything is to navigate. I was a die-hard blackberry user before i bought this phone and after reading reviews i was very nervous... but i LOVE it. i almost didn't buy it because it was so heavy... but after using it and then using my bf's blackberry... i love how sturdy the devour feels. it feels indestructible. if the camera was better... this phone would be perfect!